Groove Music now in Beta on Sonos

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • Community Manager
  • 12114 replies
Microsoft has introduced its new streaming music service Groove and we are excited to make it available for Sonos customers around the world* starting today. 

To try it in beta, select Add Music Services from the Sonos app on your phone or tablet. From your PC or Mac controller, scroll down to select Sonos Labs. You can head over to the Groove Music app page for more info including subscription info and key features.

*Groove is available on Sonos in: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Indonesia, Ireland, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

47 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Let's Groove!!!
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
great news!
Userlevel 1
This is great news and has been a long time coming but we understand that this one was on Microsoft for their Xbox Music API being not Sonos compatible. What isn't on Microsoft though is the Modern App for Windows 10 and Windows Phone so when can we expect that one to be released Sonos?
This is great news!! Now I go buy some Sonos receivers!  On a side note, for those of us using Groove on Windows Phone, when should we expect an official Sonos app? Maybe a universal Windows 10 / mobile app would be the way to go!
Userlevel 1
Excellent news and I love the fact that a Sonos Champion (Josh) actually tweeted me to let me know.

Now as I want it all, I'm with others, can we now please have a windows phone app?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
My Twitter notifications just exploded with "FINALLY" because I notified people who tweeted about Groove and SONOS. Definitely a step in the right direction!
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Knew that I'd see you on this thread. I'm sure that you're happy about this!
Userlevel 1
And if you are in the EU, please remember, if you want to add more speakers because groove (xbox) is finally here, do it before 3pm (CET) on July 30th when the store goes down because of the upcoming (massive) price hikes.
I couldn't agree more. Great news. And FINALLY.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hahaha! Yeah absolutely! Certainly pretty keen! 🙂
Thanks, I'll be able to use my Sonos Speaker way more often now. FINALLY!
Fantastic news!!! Thanks Sonos!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Immediately installed the Groove service.

Unfortunately Sonos keeps losing the 'groove' connection every 45-60 seconds, and skips to the next song.

Unusable right now. But i trust this will be fixed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Immediately installed the Groove service.

Unfortunately Sonos keeps losing the 'groove' connection every 45-60 seconds, and skips to the next song.

Unusable right now. But i trust this will be fixed.

Creating a new thread to troubleshoot the technical issue Please reference the new conversation here: Groove Music cutting out
wow, great news. not an xbox music user myself, but this seems long overdue. good work.
Badge
Yes! Finally!

Now, how about some UWP app love for us WIndows users? While the desktop app works it'd be much better having a truly universal app for PC. tablet, phone and Xbox. There was a hidden beta in the store some months ago, what happened? Never released as you've rewritten it as a universal Win10 app?
Can't even sign in.  "There was a problem authorizing your account..." Very beta!

Sign me,
Disappointed
Userlevel 3
Badge
Nice one guys. Very positive.
I actually don't see Groove Music in the Sonos Labs list - I do see others (Bandcamp, Dash radio, focus@will, etc.).
I actually don't see Groove Music in the Sonos Labs list - I do see others (Bandcamp, Dash radio, focus@will, etc.).
Go to "Add Music Services" scroll down until you see "Sonos Labs," Groove is in that list because its a beta version.
Thanks Robert! I found it on my Mac and Android app.... still doesn't show up on my Windows desktop version of Sonos (which is where I started).
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Can't even sign in.  "There was a problem authorizing your account..." Very beta!

Sign me,
Disappointed

Whole point of a beta. Is this only happening on one controller?
Badge

Sign me,
Disappointed

Just try again. Microsoft has just released Windows 10, so their network and services have been working so-so all day.
Badge
Same happened to me. Had to restart the Windows controller a few times before funding the Groove option. Works great nite though. Will definitely Erin out and buy a couple more speakers now before the price hike.
FIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, its beta so please fix multi accounts - two accounts only showing the first accounts playlists etc.

Also next when is WP/universal app!!!

and finally, what is the bitrate for Groove?