Google Play Music moves to next track before current track is finished

• 17 March 2019
  • 5 replies

When casting from the Android Google Play Music app to any of my speakers, the track skips to the next one far before the previous one has ended. Can be easily ten or twenty seconds. This has been happening for a couple of months now. Does anyone have any ideas?

I've submitted diagnostics #1070923960.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Hi, Docta. Welcome to the community. Your system is currently split between Sonosnet and connecting to your extenders on your WiFi network. Please switch off all additional wireless access points, reboot your Sonos speakers, then go to Settings, Advanced Settings, Wireless Setup. Do not enter the password, just tap Reset. Let us know how this goes, and when you've done it, please submit a fresh diagnostic. Thanks in advance.
Took me a while to get this sorted properly. Looks good now I think. Diagnostic 1018618746. Any thoughts? Thanks!
I am also having the same problem. I am casting from google play music to my sonos speakers and they skip to the next track as it nears the end of the previous track. It has been occurring for the last month or two.
I have tried as suggested above.

Hi, Docta. Welcome to the community. Your system is currently split between Sonosnet and connecting to your extenders on your WiFi network. Please switch off all additional wireless access points, reboot your Sonos speakers, then go to Settings, Advanced Settings, Wireless Setup. Do not enter the password, just tap Reset. Let us know how this goes, and when you've done it, please submit a fresh diagnostic. Thanks in advance.

I've submitted diagnostics #1203492892
Same problem for me too. Diagnostic 661345071.
Same here for some months already. I hope it will be fixed soon.