Google Play music indexing

Too many artist listed under "The" in my collection.

5 replies

I use Google Play Music as my main source of music streaming and am constantly frustrated by its' indexing filters. If I'm on the GPM app or online directly, I find artist like The Clash under "C", The Lumineers under "L", The National under "N", etc.... Yet, when I am on the Sonos controller, all of those are found under "T" for "The". I think it is about time Sonos copied the logical indexing that GPM uses. AND why does "alt-j" come after the "Z" artists? That one is a no-brainer!!
SONOS!!!! Whoever taught you to index? One does NOT index with 'THE" as a leading word. Please amend your sloppy ways. Thank you Apologies if I should have posted this elsewhere. Please redirect me to the appropriate place if I have done so.
I don't believe that Sonos does any indexing, they pass the request on to the streamer, and present what they get back without modification.
Thank you! I understand.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Google provide the index, complain to them.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings