Gaana service not working

Gaana music service not working after recent update

12 replies

Came here for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Facing the same problem - Gaana not working since last update a couple of days back. Has anybody been able to identify a solution?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

There was some trouble with Gaana on Sonos on the 15th that should be resolved now. If you're still having trouble, please try removing Gaana from your Sonos systems, then try adding it back. This should clear up any authentication issues your system may be having. If that doesn't work, please submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.
I am unable to connect to gaana service. I am premium gaana customer.

I see above that I need to uninstall gaana service. How do I do that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
nisarga wrote:

I am unable to connect to gaana service. I am premium gaana customer.

I see above that I need to uninstall gaana service. How do I do that?

Hi nisarga,

Here's a quick guide to removing music services from Sonos. You can follow the steps in reverse to add it back. Let me know how it goes.
Gaana service still not working for me .. it keeps skipping tracks after 10/15 secs. I have tried all the steps mentioned above .. removing and adding back .. but still no joy.

The Amazon prime works like a charm though and that makes it more confusing to understand whether its a Gaana problem or Sonos problem
Gaana on the other hand works absolutely fine though (phone app version).

I am submitting the diag details - could anyone please take a look?
The diag submission confirmation number: 1671504047
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Moy wrote:

The diag submission confirmation number: 1671504047

Thanks for the report. I see that your speakers are having a hard time staying connected to your wireless network due to interference from nearby signals running on the same channel as your own. Please try changing your router's wireless channel to 1 and test things out.

This guide has some more great tips for troubleshooting audio interruptions.
Many thanks for the analysis @Jeff.
Not sure how to change the wireless channel but probably google can help.
What is surprising though - how does amazon prime works without any problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Moy wrote:

Many thanks for the analysis @Jeff.
Not sure how to change the wireless channel but probably google can help.
What is surprising though - how does amazon prime works without any problem.

Different music services have different bandwidths, latencies, and servers. These can all factor in when streaming.

Most of the time you enter in your router's network address to a browser to access its configuration page. Try heading to http://192.168.1.254 and see if that brings up a login prompt. Your router's access login is often printed on the router itself and is usually different than your wireless name and password. If the access information isn't on a label on your router, try reaching out to your internet service provider for help logging in.
Many thanks @Jeff
Managed to refresh the connection by changing the channel as suggested and it works like a charm now. Much appreciated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Moy wrote:

Many thanks @Jeff
Managed to refresh the connection by changing the channel as suggested and it works like a charm now. Much appreciated.

That's great to hear. Please let me know if you run into any more issues.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings