Answered

Frequent need to reauthorize Apple Music

• 23 November 2021
  • 1 reply

I realize there is endless discussion about problems with reauthorizing apple music, but my question is simply ...why? Why is this necessary? Why does it sometimes happen multiple times in a week? 

BTW I use both S1 and the later systems in different locations. It happens at both. 

This is not urgent, it’s just bothersome. 

Thanks very much for your time, 

JA

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 November 2021, 20:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Usually, it points to an issue in communication in your network, with the speakers being unable to contact the authorization system run by Apple Music for some small period of time. I believe once they’ve ‘unauthorized’, they won’t automatically authorize until you force the issue by disconnecting and reconnecting the service. 

I’d be looking at checking the local network first, since you have control over that, but if the issue is between your modem and the Apple server itself, say a DNS issue, there’s not much you can do but complain to your ISP. But I suspect that’s an issue in less than 1% of the cases. Most often, it’s local.