Feature Request: TuneIn Premium Support

• 19 September 2022
  • 4 replies

So far I like my Sonos speakers but find it odd that for something so expensive, it doesn’t support what I consider basic functionality. Since Sonos supports TuneIn, it seems to me it should be able to let me login to my TuneIn account so I can play the music I have subscribed to. I don’t want to subscribe to the Sonos radio stream. My workaround is to stream TuneIn to my Google Cast with TV which is connected to my Arc.

Looking through the community archives, it seems there’s a lot of people that want this but Sonos isn’t interested.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sonos really has very little to do with it.  The music services themselves are responsible for implementing their service into the Sonos app, Sonos only supplies an API.  Because of this, Sonos couldn't unilaterally implement this feature if it wanted to.  Your beef is with Tunein.

Thanks for the information. Now to go complain to TuneIn. :-)

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@jgatie I would agree for TuneIn as a music service. 

Speaking about Sonos Radio, I would say there is a shared responsibility in Sonos Radio using TuneIn information for non-sonos stations. You hear the tunein jingle on the global stations you can search for with sonos radio. If I subscribe to Sonos Radio, it would be nice if there was an agreement to remove the jingles or provide more features like adding station URLs or better alarm features. Preferably for free but if I could get more for my money with any paid service, that would seem legit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’m happy with the free version. A commercial when I start the stream and that’s it. Adding a paid version would only lead to a push from TuneIn to this paid version, i.e. more commercials on the free version, less possibilities to add channels etc. That’s what Spotify does, Please do not change anything.