[Feature Request] Additional audio sources

• 20 December 2016
  • 0 replies

Please consider adding the following:

1. In the Windows App can you please allow someone to use a "Sonos Sound Card" (ie: Virtual Audio Cable) to send computer audio to their Sonos system. Right now I do this with a virtual audio cable and an icecast encoder on my PC, then stream that to an icecast server (on a VM in my basement) which I have manually entered the URL into TuneIn. Having a built-in feature would be greatly appreciated. This would be a suitable competitor to Chomecast.

2. Set Top Box Integration. I use an IPTV provider which is connected to my LAN. I would like to be able to use this STB as a source for my home theater and for around my home. Using a Set Top Box allows me to not have to add additional hardware (the connect), however I think that will mean more people will purchase this as an option for their home theater and home entertainment systems. Additionally, this will make it easier to get lip-sync issues sorted out easier. my STB also has other audio services which the Sonos App does not.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.