Extremely Disappointed Canadian Customer - I've lost ALL of my free streaming services with Sono

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Oh really they don't? Then why did they tell me this: "Hi , thanks for reaching out. Amazon Prime Music is available to Canadian users via the Alexa function that was released recently. We don't have any plans to share today on if the services will be releasing to Sonos without the Alexa function..." This was a decision SONOS made, not Amazon.I think this rather depends on how you interpret 'if the services will be releasing to Sonos.....'

Is it possible that Amazon would like to push you towards Alexa? Surely not.
Oh really they don't? Then why did they tell me this: "Hi , thanks for reaching out. Amazon Prime Music is available to Canadian users via the Alexa function that was released recently. We don't have any plans to share today on if the services will be releasing to Sonos without the Alexa function..." This was a decision SONOS made, not Amazon.

Absolutely nothing about that statement says the decision was made by Sonos, not Amazon. Matter of fact, this quote "if the services will be releasing to Sonos without the Alexa function" says that the services do the releasing to Sonos, and last I checked, the service is Amazon's, not Sonos'.

I repeat again, the licensing and distribution compensation in Canada is different for 3rd party multi-room speakers like Sonos. Free services like Slacker are therefore not available on Sonos in Canada, for the very fact that it is too expensive for the service to pay the higher license and distributions fees for the multiple rooms and still be financially viable. I would imagine Amazon Prime Music, being a "free" service for Prime members, would be the same.