Error message "unable to play 'title of radio station" - the song is not encoded correctly"

• 13 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Error message "unable to play 'title of radio station" - the song is not encoded correctly"

Appeared this morning,  on all TuneIn stations.

Other services work fine. (Spotify, global ) 

Have restarted and messed around with various

Can play TuneIn using same account logon on their IPAD app

Ideas ?

Thanks !

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi there

I tried all these things.  

1. The system is wired, the main unit direct in the router
  2. I restarted the whole system ( I have 9 devices )
  3. What is interesting is that I can play other music services, from Sonos - and also TuneIn on other devices.

Anyway, suddenly after 2 days, it started working again, without me obviously doing anything 

weird

thank you for your answer , nevertheless  

.michael

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @overdrev.

This error is commonly caused by network communication problems, either between Sonos and your router or between Sonos and the internet.

Please follow the suggestions below to resolve the errors:

• Reboot your router - Unplug your router from power for ten seconds and then plug it back in. Your router may take several minutes to come back online. When your network is back, try playing music on Sonos.
  • Reboot your Sonos speakers - Follow our guide on rebooting Sonos products to restart each affected speaker. When the speakers are back online, try playing music on Sonos.
  • Clear up any wireless interference - Wireless interference can cause communication issues between your speakers. Follow our article on reducing wireless interference to improve the wireless environment. After making adjustments, try playing music on Sonos.

Let us know how that goes.