Answered

Encoded incorrectly

• 18 August 2017
  • 6 replies

I'm trying to play my podcast trough pocket casts and i keep getting this error: encoded incorrectly.
Playing my podcast on the site of pocket casts works perfectly, when i play it on sonos it self I keep getting this error.

Does anyone have a idea to solve this problem?
icon

Best answer by Miles P 2 October 2017, 15:18

Hello tuber, welcome to the community, are you still having the same issue? If so, please show us the confirmation number from a diagnostic report so we can take a look. Here's how: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142

TTS74, that's great to hear. Let us know if you do encounter any future issues.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Same problem here. "the song is not encoded correctly". Does not work in sonos windows (10) controller and not working in sony z5 android phone (7.1.1)sonos controller. Pocket cast web player (win10)(chrome) works fine as does pocket cast app on phone. All latest versions. So, long wait continues on getting podcasts working on sonos/android. When I still had iPhone some years ago (4S), it worked just fine playing podcasts from iOS sonos app. I listen only music podcasts like Tiesto (if that is any interesting info)
Userlevel 2
Badge
Don't know what has changed, but it's working in every platform for now. Win10 web-player, android tablet (Sony tablet Z), and android phones(Xperia Z5, One+ 2). I tried first One+ 2 phone that has been out of use for long time(did not work)I did hard reset and clean install (Marshmellow) and sonos/Pocket casts started working with it and after that tried all other devices and all works fine now.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello tuber, welcome to the community, are you still having the same issue? If so, please show us the confirmation number from a diagnostic report so we can take a look. Here's how: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142

TTS74, that's great to hear. Let us know if you do encounter any future issues.
I've lately been having a similar problem with my Android controller. When I play a Pocket Cast through Sonos, it plays fine for awhile, but when I skip back teh podcast, I get a message that there's an encoding problem. After I reinstall the Android Sonos app, I get the same error message for that podcast. Please advise.
Might be worth following the request in the previous post? And giving more information on which particular podcast you're experiencing the issue with?
I'm having this problem too. It seems only to happen when I've started a podcast, either in the app or on sonos, and I come back to finish it later, or I seek through the podcast. Podcasts I start from the beginning and listen all the way through seem to work, so it seems to have something to do with finding a location within the podcast. Diagnostic number 1044496842.