Enable Spotify autoplay after album ends

• 4 December 2020
  • 3 replies

My favorite feature of Spotify is that it autoplays a radio station after I finish listening to an album. Despite having autoplay enabled on Spotify, when playing to Sonos through Spotify Connect the autoplay just doesn’t work; the music stops after the album ends.

Spotify says this is a Sonos problem, seems like Sonos says this is a Spotify problem. Any ideas how to get this bug worked out?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @wrensies.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me try to assist you.

Spotify Autoplay feature is not available in Sonos, when your album or playlist ends, the playback will end within the Sonos app.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks @Mark P ! Are there any plans to make this feature available in Sonos? It’s the main way I normally listen to music, so it’s incredibly frustrating to have just spent a lot of money on new speakers that simply won’t play music the way I need them to. 

This is a fundamental feature of Spotify. It’s absence severely degrades the Sonos experience. 

Sonos I am reaching out to you to ask that you please provide this continuous auto play feature after an album plays in Spotify ASAP. 

Please respond so myself and the thousands of Sonos users know that this matter is under consideration. 

Thank you.