Echo dot and Deezer

• 14 September 2016
  • 30 replies

Hello, can I ask Echo dot to play music from Deezer on Sonos speaker

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

No. Echo/Alexa integration was only just announced. It is slated for beta early next year. For now, you can use a line-out on a Dot to a line-in on a Play:5.
Hey thanks jgatie, however I still wanna know if I use a line-out on the Dot and line-in on a Play:5, can I ask the dot to play music from Deezer?
No. Deezer is not available on the Echo, and the only thing you would be able to play via line-in are Echo supported services like Amazon Prime, Spotify, or Pandora.
Alright,thanks a lot
So for example... if I have an Echo Dot plugged into my Play:5 via line-in I could say... 'Alexa play David Bowie from Spotify'... and it would start playing through my Sonos?
Yes; you can dispense with the "from Spotify" part by configuring Spotify as the default source.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I initially thought this was a great idea being able to voice control my Sonos system. However until Deezer is available its of no use to me.
so i get all excited only to find out that it doesnt have Deezer. no use to me unless i go back to low quality audio with amazon or spotify

any plans for Deezer integration ?
so i get all excited only to find out that it doesnt have Deezer. no use to me unless i go back to low quality audio with amazon or spotify

any plans for Deezer integration ?

Same here. I would get an echo dot straight away if it supported Deezer Elite
Agggh, same here, finally we get a basic connection from Alexa to Sonos, but now we cannot stream Deezer playlists into our Sonos... I was actually hoping that I could use the Sonos speaker in the room where the Echo Dot is as the default speaker, not having to "link" it by stating where Alexa has to play it...
Just as a note, Deezer still works just fine, it is only one of the things not yet controlled by voice. You actually have to use the app.
Badge +1
Have got used to hi quality lossless Deezer audio, there is no way I can ever go back. Looks like I'm back to waiting for the tech to catch up. Ho hum...
Userlevel 6
Badge +14
I'm a Deezer user as well, sounds excellent through my Sonos system and wouldn't accept anything less quality wise..
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Have you tried my Alexa skill? I don't have a Deezer account to test with, but it will probably work. Search the Skills store for My Speaker.
Hold on, so I got an email stating about the Alexa and Sonos integration and ordered a Dot this morning assuming it would enable all the functions within my Sonos via Voice Control. Is that not the case? I won't be able to say 'Play Flow on Sonos'? Alexa doesn't have to support Deezer surely just the Sonos which controls all your streaming accounts?
Badge
Have you tried my Alexa skill? I don't have a Deezer account to test with, but it will probably work. Search the Skills store for My Speaker.

Not finding anything controlav?
Badge
Hold on, so I got an email stating about the Alexa and Sonos integration and ordered a Dot this morning assuming it would enable all the functions within my Sonos via Voice Control. Is that not the case? I won't be able to say 'Play Flow on Sonos'? Alexa doesn't have to support Deezer surely just the Sonos which controls all your streaming accounts?

Apparently not, a bit rubbish at the moment isn't it. I'm hoping Google Assistant maybe a little more 'open source'. Other than that someone just needs to design an Alexa Skill that gives functionality for alternative music streaming options, like Deezer.

Alexa can play music on Sonos from any of these services (Each one must be set up in the Alexa app before you can use it.):

Amazon Music
iHeartRadio
Pandora
SiriusXM
TuneIn Radio
Spotify is “coming soon.”

source: https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/5/16431688/sonos-speaker-alexa-voice-commands-how-to-setup
Also ordered a echo dot on the email from Sonos around Integration only to find Deezer is not supported once I tries to use.

Very disappointed considering I joined Deezer again due to having a Sonos!

Poor marketing Sonos
I highly doubt the inability to include Deezer was merely a flippant marketing choice. I'm quite sure there are technical limitations, as well as third party/partner API restrictions.
It would be nice to know if they plan on introducing it??
It would be nice to know if they plan on introducing it??

I imagine that is wholly up to Amazon. Right now there is no capacity for the Alexa API to initiate play from anything except Alexa supported sources. Amazon would either have to natively support Deezer on Alexa devices, or develop a much more complicated interface between Alexa and the 3rd part speakers which would use the 3rd party speaker as a search/index for music source(s) supported by them and not Alexa. Either way, it cannot be done without Amazon.
I understand that Amazon and Deezer would need to play nice. It seems Spotify has managed it. I just feel it shouldn't be realised unless all the Sonos functionality is available.
Badge +1
Spotify are meant to be releasing a HQ Audio version soon. Would probably drop my Deezer Elite when this happens as all my other home automation (lights and heating) works well with Alexa. I emailed Deezer to ask if they had any plans on Echo integration. They essentially said no comment? However, Deezer is integrating with google, but that would need google to integrate with Sonos which is a year or so away I understand.. 😛 Nothing is ever simple!!
I did the same. Purely to play music in the kitchen. Not only does it not play deezer. .its far too quiet. I was told it was loud enough for a good singalong
Spotify are meant to be releasing a HQ Audio version soon. Would probably drop my Deezer Elite when this happens as all my other home automation (lights and heating) works well with Alexa. I emailed Deezer to ask if they had any plans on Echo integration. They essentially said no comment? However, Deezer is integrating with google, but that would need google to integrate with Sonos which is a year or so away I understand.. 😛 Nothing is ever simple!!

It really isn't simple. I was *just* complaining to my fiance that there is literally no service currently that does the few things I'd like under one (or two) roofs. I was a Deezer Elite subscriber for over 2 years but we lowered it to just the Premium+ due to her discount (around $6/mo) via Cricket wireless - though I loved the SQ via Deezer Elite (now Deezer HiFi apparently) it wasn't worth the double-per-month premium after my trial (12 months prepaid) ran out. I renewed once but at $250USD a year it's a bit much to swallow.
I switched personally to Pandora Premium upon its launch and on my mobile I have absolutely LOVED it. But though SonosONE/Alexa can control Pandora, there is no Pandora Premium integration within Sonos yet so that's a moot point as well (I've been in 2 ongoing email conversations with Pandora and it's been a continuous "coming soon" sort of affair).
I'm nearly to the point of going back to Spotify but for the fact that a) their interface is by far my least favorite, their radio/discovery ability is my least favorite, and of course Spotify can't yet be controlled via Alexa either (though it sounds like that will be the soonest of all the "possibilities" to emerge).
Never simple indeed. 🙂