Answered

Do I need Amazon Music Unlimited to access Calm Radio via Amazon Music via Sonos?

• 3 August 2020
  • 3 replies

I discovered Calm Radio this morning.

An ad told me Calm Radio had just been added to Amazon music. 

I already have Amazon Prime (trial). So figured I could avoid paying another subscription to Calm Radio if I continued with Prime. 

I downloaded the Amazon Music app to my desktop. But it seems I need Music Unlimited in order to get Calm Radio. 

In Sonos, I added Amazon Music as a Music Source. But there is no sign of Calm Radio. 

I have started a trial with Amazon Prime so many times and then cancelled when it failed to deliver. Perhaps this is just another example? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 August 2020, 23:23

No, I choose to only use the ‘free’ services from Calm on their Sonos plugin. There aren’t very many, which is understandable, they want to make money. But my needs are small, and occasional. At some point, I’ll likely subscribe, but not yet. 

View original

3 replies

I’ve got Calm radio added to my Sonos, it’s there in the controller. You may want to check to ensure that your location is set properly on your Sonos account (on the website), they sometimes use that data to filter what is shown to you in the “add a service” function.

Note, however, that I don’t think Sonos checks beyond Calm Radio itself for account information. It would be up to Calm Radio to respond to the Sonos call for subscription information with the appropriate data. Sonos would not be able to check with Amazon to see if your account was there.

Thanks for your reply Bruce.

Are you paying a subscription directly to Calm Radio?

Helen

No, I choose to only use the ‘free’ services from Calm on their Sonos plugin. There aren’t very many, which is understandable, they want to make money. But my needs are small, and occasional. At some point, I’ll likely subscribe, but not yet.