Question

DJPro

• 19 June 2020
  • 5 replies

How  to play DJPro through Sonos System ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @stevezzr6, sorry for the late response, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

For your inquiry, unfortunately, we don’t support DJpro.

You may refer to this link for our supported music services.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

Thanks for getting back to me, Is this something your looking at as me and a few others have found a few uses for this idea especially with DJpro’s mixing ability and the Move able to go anywhere. a laptop and a couple of Moves and its a party in seconds anywhere?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @stevezzr6, thanks for the reply.

Since you mentioned a Sonos Move, actually there’s a way for the Move to play the DJpro app.

If you’re using an iPhone, you can connect to the Move via Airplay then play DJ-pro.

If you’re not, you can connect to the Move via Bluetooth and play DJ-pro.

Even though we don’t support DJpro in the Sonos app, we can connect to Sonos in other ways.

I hope this helps.

thanks again, hope wifi support is somthing you are looking into real soon as i would love to have Stereo and the ability to send to other rooms as well?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @stevezzr6, thanks for the reply.

Actually you can group other Sonos players to the Move in the Sonos app and then connect to the Move via Airplay.

As long as the Sonos players are on the same Wifi network; anything playing on the Move will also play to the rest of the group.

You’ll need to select the Move first in Sonos app then hit the group button, then select your other Sonos speakers.

This will make the Move as the primary receiver for the group during Airplay playback. 

This grouping method also works on any of our Airplay compatible speakers.

An easy indication if your player is Airplay compatible is that the speaker has capacitive touch buttons than physical ones.

For Bluetooth however, we’re limited to the phone’s Bluetooth capability. Some phones can connect to 2 Bluetooth devices while others only one.

Check with your manufacturer if you’re not sure.

I hope this tip helps.