Deezer skipping the last few days

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

107 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
HI Jeff,

Went home and tested again... Still skips... Even though the speaker in question is wired, I checked wireless networks I have at home, one is set to channel 1, the other to 11. My other speaker is using wi-fi with channel 1.

Diagnostics number is 6358169

That doesn't sound good.

So - Your Sonos system will be connecting to your Wi-Fi Router (Either wirelessly or hard wired) - Note what channel that uses (You've said 1). Set your Sonos system to use channel 6 or 11 and check

I don't what this other wireless network you have is (On channel 11) but you could try changing that to 6 and Sonos to 11.

Interference is awkward because so many factors will affect it as the radio signals will do strange things in your domestic environment. But do make sure your Play 1 is as far from the router as possible and watch out for DECT phones and other sources wireless interference (microwaves, door bells, baby monitors and so on).
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
HI Jeff,

Went home and tested again... Still skips... Even though the speaker in question is wired, I checked wireless networks I have at home, one is set to channel 1, the other to 11. My other speaker is using wi-fi with channel 1.

Diagnostics number is 6358169

Hi Jabbba,

I've created a support ticket for you: 160714-001346. Please reach out to our phone team, reference that number, and they'll be able to take a deeper look into this issue. You can find our phone number and hours in your region here.
Hi!

Same problem here in Belgium. Deezer songs on Sonos will skip abruptly. Until now everything seemed to function normally and I listen to Deezer on Sonos nearly every day. When I listen to the deezer on PC I never experience these problems. Submitted the Sonos diagnostics Nr. 6512726. Hope you have solution to this :)

kind regards,

Janis
Hi Janis. A diagnostic at the end of such a long, old thread might get lost. If nobody at Sonos picks it up fairly quickly it might be worth starting a new thread and posting a new diagnostic there.

Incidentally, I don't know what the situation is in Belgium, but here in the UK Deezer Elite is available only on Sonos, so a much higher bitrate than the lossy files that would come through the PC (and therefore more likely to struggle if there is an underlying network problem).

Anyway, hopefully the diagnostic will help to identify and address the problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi!

Same problem here in Belgium. Deezer songs on Sonos will skip abruptly. Until now everything seemed to function normally and I listen to Deezer on Sonos nearly every day. When I listen to the deezer on PC I never experience these problems. Submitted the Sonos diagnostics Nr. 6512726. Hope you have solution to this :)

kind regards,

Janis

Hi Janis,

There are a few wireless communication errors showing up between your Sonog units. Most of the time changing the wireless channel that Sonos uses will help with issues like these by reducing interference from nearby signals.

If that doesn't help, take a look around and in between your Sonos units for any third party wireless device which could be causing interference. Common sources of interference include cordless phones, wireless baby monitors, wireless cameras, wireless TVs and wireless printers. Try moving any such device away from your Sonos units or power them off temporarily and see if things improve.

If neither of these steps help, please send in a new diagnostic report and reply with the number, I'll take a look.
Hi got problems with deezer sonos plays half a song then skips to next . Help
Hi got problems with deezer sonos plays half a song then skips to next . HelpSee the link below...
https://en.community.sonos.com/ask-a-question-228987/issue-with-deezer-6820280