Deezer skipping the last few days

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

107 replies

Hi, would you mind sending a diagnostic from the Sonos app? Please reply here with your confirmation number, thanks.

Happy to. Conf# 5392059
And by the by, a Deezer Elite track skipped about 20 sec in (listening to "Flow" at the moment) only 10 minutes ago. I wanted to hear that song. :)
>50mbps speedtest only minutes ago. Just two devices connected to the wi-fi currently. We really experience zero streaming problems except with Deezer Elite.

Hi, would you mind sending a diagnostic from the Sonos app? Please reply here with your confirmation number, thanks.

Happy to. Conf# 5392059
And by the by, a Deezer Elite track skipped about 20 sec in (listening to "Flow" at the moment) only 10 minutes ago. I wanted to hear that song. :)
>50mbps speedtest only minutes ago. Just two devices connected to the wi-fi currently. We really experience zero streaming problems except with Deezer Elite.

Edit - I just submitted once again. Now it stopped playback twice in a row trying to listen to a new track by Reuben and the Dark I was interested in. Stopped the first attempt 5secs in and the second attempt about a full minute in. Conf# 5392202.
Very frustrating.
Userlevel 2
Same issue in Christchurch, New Zealand (brother has same issue in Auckland, NZ - diagnostic sent # 5393383.
Very frustrating.
Cheers, Geoff
Badge
I just submit a diagnostic : 5394779
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Deezer has made some changes to their server infrastructure which should have resolved these issues as of last week. Can you confirm?
It's a great deal better, but it's not perfect. My guess is it's returned to the usual level of (un)reliability for lossless services. Mostly they work, but with relatively shallow buffering a network disruption can throw them. I'd say I'm seeing an error on average once a day, over 8+ hours of play.

By contrast services like Apple and Google have been almost entirely error-free.
Deezer is skipping nummers or parts of numbers with me also, for about six weeks now. Most of the time i get a note that the connection ended...I have contacted Deezer the last two weeks. At this moment there is no solution, waiting for technical support... I am from the Netherlands
Problems in Thailand too. Deezer Elite keep skipping every songs for the first 50 seconds to 1.30 minutes . It saids the connection speed is insufficient.
But Tidal hifi is working very smoothly.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Deezer Premium + now skipping as well. Unusable at times.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Jojo1966, Zaffer and mourneviewace, please do submit a system diagnostics within 15 minutes of such an issue, and post the confirmation here.
We will have a look at them one by one and advise the next steps. How to submit a diagnostics
My confirmation is 5437695
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Submitted my diagnostic after Deezer elite skipped with number 5351280 to see if it gives you any clues.
Checked your diagnostic and the PLAY:5 is experiencing a high level of wireless interference. Would it be possible to change the wireless channel on the router and test again.
Also, here's an article how to Reducing wireless interference
Let us know how it goes.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
My diagnostic is 5439924
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
My diagnostic is 5439924

There's a bit more interference on your wired BRIDGE than we'd like to see for high quality streaming like Deezer. I'd recommend starting with changing the wireless channel on your system. If you know what the channel your router is on, it's best to separate them out by a good 5 channel lengths.

Also, if your BRIDGE is right next to your router I'd suggest getting a little physical distance between the two. It's good to get about 2-3 feet at a minimum between them. Based on the signals coming in, if you can get the downstairs BRIDGE lifted up that would help too. The surface it's on may be causing some trouble.

Let us know how it goes. Try testing out another service and online sources as well to make sure it isn't just your Internet connection.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Do you have any trouble playing Deezer in any other rooms or just the Bedroom 3? Does Living Room have any trouble? It looks like the right side of the Living Room is wired into something, does that go directly to your router or into another device on the network?

We may need to take a closer look at your system live, if you'd like to give give us a call on our support line we can assist quicker identifying the root of the trouble.
Badge
Hi,
Same issue here. Have a buch of Sonos products which I love, including the playbar, 2 new play 5 I just bought 2 weeks ago, and my house is wired with ceiling inserts speakers and amp in many rooms. Had the issue with rdio just a month before they were bought and now I switch to deezer and I am having the same problem which is very painfull as often songs switch before the end. This is odd, it tends to be to songs that are newer.. please help me. Am from Montreal in Canada. Thanks, Kim
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi,
Same issue here. Have a buch of Sonos products which I love, including the playbar, 2 new play 5 I just bought 2 weeks ago, and my house is wired with ceiling inserts speakers and amp in many rooms. Had the issue with rdio just a month before they were bought and now I switch to deezer and I am having the same problem which is very painfull as often songs switch before the end. This is odd, it tends to be to songs that are newer.. please help me. Am from Montreal in Canada. Thanks, Kim

Hi Kim, it'd be great to start with a diagnostic when you have a few playback errors. Can you follow the directions here to submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number? Also, it'd be good to go to http://www.speedtest.net and http://www.pingtest.net to make sure your network connection isn't having trouble.

Thanks
Badge
Thanks so much Ryan for the quick response will do that this weekend and get back. Many thanks, Kim
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi Ryan. Thanks for your help. System seems very stable except for Deezer which was absolutely fine until recently. Seems to be a Deezer problem so I will just change to another service if it persists.

Do you have any trouble playing Deezer in any other rooms or just the Bedroom 3? Does Living Room have any trouble? It looks like the right side of the Living Room is wired into something, does that go directly to your router or into another device on the network?

We may need to take a closer look at your system live, if you'd like to give give us a call on our support line we can assist quicker identifying the root of the trouble.

Yes the problem with Deezer is in every rooms. The Living Room 5 (R) is wired to the router. Here I submit another diagnostic after playing in the Living Room. The confirmation is 5442626.
Badge
Hi again,

Here is my diagnostic number 5443413.

It does that on my 2 new play 5 and also in the rooms where I have the connect with in ceiling speakers.

All songs in there skip after 30 seconds, but its just certain song and the same song always skip.

What is weird, have started using Deezer about a week ago (used to be with rdio). No skipping the first few days, then it stared.. it's pretty painful.

Also did the 2 network test all seems ok.. (link you sent).

Appreciate the help. Thanks, Kim
Badge
Good morning, Hope all is well. Could you please reply to my question and diagnotic above. I really need the help with this issue as it makes it's very annoying to listen to music. Appreciate it. Thank you, Kim
Badge
[quote=Zaffer][quote=Ryan S]My confirmation is 5437695
Badge
Hi,

Hi Kim, it'd be great to start with a diagnostic when you have a few playback errors. Can you follow the directions here to submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number? Also, it'd be good to go to http://www.speedtest.net and http://www.pingtest.net to make sure your network connection isn't having trouble.

Thanks

Sorry created a new post instead.. info is below, new to the site. Thanks..
Hi again,

It does that on my 2 new play 5 and also in the rooms where I have the connect with in ceiling speakers.

All songs in there skip after 30 seconds, but its just certain song and the same song always skip.

What is weird, have started using Deezer about a week ago (used to be with rdio). No skipping the first few days, then it stared.. it's pretty painful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi,

Thanks

Sorry created a new post instead.. info is below, new to the site. Thanks..
Hi again,

Hi Kimi,

It looks like there is some wireless interference which could explain the song skipping. The interference seems to be highest near your BRIDGE. Please make sure that there is a foot or two of distance between your BRIDGE and your wireless router.

It can also help to change the channel which Sonos uses for its wireless signal. Here's how to change the wireless channel on Sonos.

If these steps don't help, please send in a new diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.