Deezer skipping the last few days

Userlevel 3
I have Deezer Elite and it's been skipping half way through tracks on a regular basis these last few days. Are others seeing this? I have no problem with local files or Internet radio stations (or even Netflix in the telly), so I think it must be a Deezer/Sonos interface thing?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

107 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Yes. This was happening to me as well. I have downgraded to Deezer Premium + and this seems to work perfectly. It still sounds pretty good as well so I will probably not return to Deezer Elite.
Yes. Problems surfaced about 2 weeks ago. 2-4 track skips per hour with 'track is not encoded correctly' (ERROR_CORRUPT_FILE) messages. (I have to say that TIDAL is not that much better.)

Is there a common factor here, such as are we all in the EU? Or even all in the UK?

Google and Apple services work perfectly, though they do of course require lower bandwidth and have more resilient buffering in the Player. In my experience all the FLAC services have been a bit 'on the edge' (Qobuz, TIDAL) though Deezer has been the most solid hitherto.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Exactly same problem here - Deezer Elite in UK.
Hmmm. I've voiced this suspicion elsewhere, but I note that Deezer recently changed their hosting/distribution provider. In the past (Qobuz, TIDAL) these corrupt file issues have apparently been associated with insufficient server capacity.
Badge
Same problem here. Currently on a Deezer elite free trail and getting skips every 3rd-4th song. Even tried a free trial of Tidal hifi to see if it was a problem with my system streaming flac files but that worked fine with no skips. So think it must be a sonos / deezer issue. Also im in the UK.
...these corrupt file issues have apparently been associated with insufficient server capacity.
On second thoughts these Deezer issues can occur at any time, even 5am when demand ought not to be that high. The local server is evidently situated in the UK. Something else is amiss.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Same here 😞 not good at all, thought it was my connection, but I have 60GB download, hope they sort it soon!!!
I have 60GB download
If only. I suspect you mean 60Mb.
My Deezer Elite has also been skipping about four times an hour for some weeks. I'm in the UK. It’s not usable any more and I’m stuck with a two year sub.

I raised a Sonos support ticked and phone guys have been helpful analysing my system. [Incident: 151227-000373] After spending many days unplugging various household appliances in turn ( to deal with imaginary interference) I ended up buying a Sonos boost. None of this made any difference so I bought a new router. I finally worked out it was Deezer at fault myself. I just used a single Sonos unit plugged directly to the router and it still skipped. Don’t waste time or effort thinking the problem is your set up. The other forum messages here seem to confirm this. My other suggestion is to be wary of signing up for a long period because now I’m stuffed and have spent a load of extra cash trying to solve the problem. Tidal Hi-Fi works fine for me, but I really want Deezer Elite. I’ll write to them but they didn’t answer last time I tried.
I opened a Support ticket on Dec 23, which now references this thread. The problem manifests on different Players, in different connection configurations, in multiple Households on my networks. The ticket's presently being escalated.
I also referenced this forum. Previously they marked my query as solved and sent a satisfaction survey which I said that it wasn't resolved. No response to that - and it doesn't appear on my history. Shame really because this has been a great service but I'm losing confidence.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Greasyman, I updated your ticket for you and we'll see about getting the same escalation engineer looking at both tickets. We really appreciate you both taking the time to work with us on this one, we'll see if there's something going on somewhere between you and the Deezer servers if we can. Thanks guys!
somewhere between you and the Deezer servers
I'm not sure this is much between the two points. According to traceroute times it looks like the server's hung off BT's core network.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I have 60GB download
If only. I suspect you mean 60Mb.

maybe it was that! LOL
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
I am also suffering this skipping issue using Deezer elite. Started a week or more ago and tends to skip pretty much every track when it is nearing the end. Plays most of the track then skips to next one. No stuttering or pausing, just instant skip.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Any news on this yet?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys,

We're still working with a few tickets to look closer into this. Keep in mind, it's important to check a couple things on your local system to see if you are actually running into trouble somewhere else. If you have trouble with local music or another service as well, for instance, you may just have some wireless interference or network latency to sort out.

If you'd like a hand, it'd be great to submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number. Let us know what you're seeing and we'll be happy to help. You can also give us a call and work with a technician live, they'll start with checking your system health and go from there.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi and thanks, it seams to be only with Deezer? Tidal, Apple Music and local music is fine, so I'm assuming it's a Deezer problem, I've told them direct as well, but heard nothing from them?
In my experience Apple Music has been rock solid (as is Google Play). But then Apple's "only" 256kbps and, at least on the later Player models, has a large playout buffer which would ride out any network shocks.

I initially thought that TIDAL was error-free, having resurrected a subscription for test purposes. However on repeat testing it does throw the occasional error too, on a wired Player.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hi again,

still happening to me too. This must clearly be an issue with Sonos/Deezer for all of us on deezer elite to suffer the exact same issue during recent weeks.

I have not contacted sonos support directly yet but I have submitted diagnostic report immediately after a skip. Number is 5350178.

I look forward to this issue being resolved.
Badge
Still suffering from skips aswell. Being checking other services and none of them skip on me including Tidal hifi.

Wondering if this could be a ISP issue? just throwing it out there as a possibilty. Im with plusnet fibre which I think uses BT network, so maybe a BT issue?.
Wondering if this could be a ISP issue? just throwing it out there as a possibilty. Im with plusnet fibre which I think uses BT network, so maybe a BT issue?.
It's conceivable. I'm on BT Infinity.

I get occasional 'corrupt file' drops on TIDAL too. Both servers look to be on BT's core network according to traceroute, but in different locations. If BT had a core router issue it's possible that customers could be affected differently depending on location.
Virgin media here 152 Meg. I'm in London.
I'm confident the SONOS tech guys are working on this right now. I just submitted 5350344 after doing some system changes they requested. Me writing to Deezer is seemingly unproductive. I'd be chuffed if this got fixed soon. I've spent a few bob on pointless solutions and practically ripped the house apart (slight exaggeration there).
Badge
Submitted my diagnostic after Deezer elite skipped with number 5351280 to see if it gives you any clues.
Badge +4
Deezer Elite skipping here in Ireland too with EIR broadband. No problems with Spotify or BBC radio.