deezer premium full integration

• 10 February 2015
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
As of just now it seems, deezer premium finally has full integration in sonos. Add to deezer playlists, add to favourites, favourite heart icon on now playing screen, flow, hear this, library much easier to access.

It's now possible to so everything from within sonos, no need to go back and forth between the two apps.

Along with the 5.3 update, I am very pleased with these changes 🙂

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 1
Premium+ integration went live on my account this morning. I am delighted with the update, having previously been really frustrated by the poor sonos integration of an otherwise excellent Deezer service.

The update appears to have added:

- Flow
- Hear This
- Charts
- Library (full support)

and has resolved some long standing issues / irritations:

- Library now show alphabetically by artist and or album. (Halleluiah!)
- Charts show position number.

All in all, a fantastic update which in my opinion makes Deezer by far and away the best integrated music streaming service on Sonos.

Bring on Elite and FLAC!
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Deezer Elite announced ... should be available from March

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/132680-deezer-elite-now-available-in-uk-cd-quality-streaming-through-your-sonos
Userlevel 1
Yes, another "well done Sonos" from me... Deezer integration is now everything you might want it to be. I especially like how I can find an album from within my Sonos controller and add it to a Deezer playlist that I keep for things "for a listen", which then synchronises with my Android phone.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Deezer Elite announced ... should be available from March

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/132680-deezer-elite-now-available-in-uk-cd-quality-streaming-through-your-sonos

Looking forward to this. I'm trying to understand this paragraph on pricing;
"Deezer Elite will be a free upgrade to Sonos users with an existing Deezer Premium+ account. Sonos is offering promotional users a cost of 36 euros, about £27, to upgrade for a full year. Pricing for new users will be announced in March when there will also be a free three-day trial available."

So as existing deezer premium users we get elite for no extra charge? Or we pay 36 Euros for 12 months of elite?
Userlevel 2
Talked to some Deezer Representative at the ISE Show in Amsterdam yesterday.

Elite will be free for already paying users.

If you are a promotional user (i.e. 1 year of Deezer for free because you bought a Sonos device), then you can upgrade for a year for €36.
I'm curious to hear thoughts on performance differences after the switch is made. Does anyone know of any good resources for testing the differences between the two formats before paying for the upgrade? I see lots of websites showing graphs, but care more about how the difference sounds than how it looks.

Thanks!
My2Cents,

Goodness of sound is very personal. You either need to listen for yourself or take the word of a trusted observer. Over time you may be able to build this sort of relationship with an online observer, but I don't know how that could happen in a single trial. And, the relationship could be perverse. I can't recall the exact names, but a film critic once remarked about a recently deceased fellow critic, "He was the most useful, consistent critic of all -- I never agreed with him."
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
They did a great job of integrating the service. I also like the "Similar Artists" option.

Their radio stations aren't as comprehensive as a Rhapsody or Google, but Deezer should only get better, especially if they gain a lot of customers from the Sonos promotions.

The only real criticism I have is that their tech support is email/web interface only. You can't ring up Deezer's customer support department.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I'm curious to hear thoughts on performance differences after the switch is made.

I don't hear any difference because the tracks seems to be all in mp3. How the F... do we get the Elite stuff ? The Elite link gave by Deezer seems to go nowhere as it said you're already a Premium Customer !!!
Is there any way of searching for artists available on Deezer without signing up first? I don't want to join without knowing if they cater to my tastes 🙂
Sign up to the ad-supported Deezer Discovery tier. Use it in a computer browser since mobile restricts what you can do.

You can't use Discovery on Sonos.
Sign up to the ad-supported Deezer Discovery tier. Use it in a computer browser since mobile restricts what you can do.

You can't use Discovery on Sonos.

Cheers I'll give that a go 🙂
It seems to have a great selection as far as I'm concerned. Is there a demo anywhere showing how Deezer is implemented in Sonos?
It seems to have a great selection as far as I'm concerned. Is there a demo anywhere showing how Deezer is implemented in Sonos?
No idea. As far as I can see it has the same basic features in Sonos as the web version, albeit with a less colourful UI.

You know, you can actually sign up for these services on a month-by-month basis. It's only where you want the Elite discount that it's necessary to buy a year's subscription up front.

Get Premium+ for a month. If you subsequently upgrade to Elite, Sonos will automatically pick up the correct file format.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I’m curious if there is a way to have my artist list in Sonos show a list rather than a grid? I’m considering using Deezer but don’t like that if I’m going to build a library of a couple hundred artists they will all be listed in a large format grid...?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Overall I love the Deezer integration with Sonos, for my needs and organizational style it is the best fit.

Things it really does need:

- Alphabetic scrolling, so you can jump to an artist.

- The ability to ‘favorite’ an artist from Sonos. You can do this for other items, I’d like to be able to add an artist.

- Podcast syncing, Deezer let’s you add podcasts, but they don’t appear in Sonos, not a huge deal but would be nice.

With the above items added I’d say it’s a perfect match.