Deezer Menu - My Top Tracks Disappearance

• 11 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Question. Within the Deezer Menu under My Music there used to be an option called My Top Tracks. This seems to have been removed. Is this a Deezer decision or a Sonos decision or a combination. It was an option that I really enjoyed. It was basically your own personal chart of the top songs you are listening to at any point in time. I used that a lot and hope it can be reinstated. Can someone from Sonos indicate how I can share this feedback? The playlist (Top Tracks) is still available in the native Deezer app as the 3rd pic below suggests  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The playlist (Top Tracks) is still available in the native Deezer app as the 3rd pic below suggests  

There isn’t a 3rd pic, so I’m not sure what you’re referring to in the Deezer app. There are “My Top xxx” playlists when appear in the “Made for you” section of that app’s Music tab. Is that it? 

In any case what appears from Deezer in the Sonos app is determined by Deezer.

I saw a comment a while back on the Deezer community suggesting that they could be working on an option to ‘cast’ to Sonos players from their native app. Maybe that will help eventually.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

It’s the Top Tracks playlist as can be seen above. You find it in the Deezer App within the Favorites menu and then you tap Playlists. As I mentioned it is really a chart/ranking of your most listened to tracks in the recent past. Nice to look at to see what you have been listening a lot to recently. I asked the question of Deezer on why it was no longer visible in the Sonos app and they suggested that it’s Sonos decision which does not make sense. I would think it’s Deezer’s. 

I’d agree with you. Sonos doesn’t ‘filter’ what is sent to them via the API, for any service. Either the streamer is sending the data, in which case it shows up in the controller, or they’re not. 

One does wonder if this is similar to some podcasts from Spotify, which are similarly not sent to Sonos users by Spotify. I have to assume they’re trying to push use of their own app, to ‘capture’ users for advertising purposes. 

It’s the Top Tracks playlist as can be seen above.

Interesting. When I open that item on Android it says “It’s a bit quiet in here” and doesn’t list anything. On iOS it shows a list of 100 tracks which look pretty similar to the Just Heard playlist. Certainly doesn’t look like the most listened to tracks. The function appears to be somewhat broken.