Question

Deezer is now encoding at 96khz

• 5 August 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
It seems that Deezer has begun encoding some new releases at 96000hz, which of course makes them unplayable on my Sonos system. The two albums that I have encountered this problem with are Ryan Adams – Heartbreaker (Deluxe) and Nice as F**k. I know the question of allowing for 96khz capabilities is a nonstarter at this point, but does Sonos plan to down-sample hi-res tracks from Deezer so that they are playable on Sonos hardware?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
No plans to introduce that feature at this time but we appreciate the suggestion. We will notify our customers of any changes should they come about.
Edward, this was also reported here more recently.

The Deezer client in Sonos needs to request compatible content, not just the best available.
Same issue here. I have other albums on Deezer giving the same issue. I hope they reconsider doing something about this.... as annoying as the lack of DTS...:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
That is a bug in the Deezer SMAPI implementation: it should not be providing urls to 96k streams. Suggest reporting to Deezer.