Answered

Create a Sonos Playlist from Music (iTunes) on iPhone

• 8 March 2018
  • 3 replies

I'm trying to create a Sonos playlist from Music (iTunes) on my iPhone --- so that I can use that playlist for an alarm. But when I look at the options within Sonos for all music stored locally on my iPhone, I can't find an option to create or add it to a Sonos playlist. Why is this? Is there a workaround? (The music I want to play is not available on any of my streaming services ... only on a CD which I uploaded to iTunes on my Mac and transferred to my iPhone.)
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 10 March 2018, 00:34

Hi Professoriat, because of the mobile nature of cellphones they aren't an option to pull an alarm off of as the possibility the device isn't online or sharing to Sonos at the time of that alarm is so high. You could use a service that allows you to upload your music library and then create the playlist off of there. Something like Plex or Google Play Music may work out well for you.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Professoriat, because of the mobile nature of cellphones they aren't an option to pull an alarm off of as the possibility the device isn't online or sharing to Sonos at the time of that alarm is so high. You could use a service that allows you to upload your music library and then create the playlist off of there. Something like Plex or Google Play Music may work out well for you.
Thank you Ryan. I can't find Plex among the music services listed in my Sonos app. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Plex may be listed under Sonos Labs or as a Beta service under the main entry for adding services.