Question

Converting to Spotify Playlists from iTunes

• 16 January 2020
  • 0 replies

Hi, I am a long-time iTunes user who would like to convert my playlists to our Spotify premium family account.  I’ve been hesitant to make the switch but am having a hard time justifying purchasing music from Amazon or Apple when I could download the same music from Spotify for “free”.  For background I have probably 7-8 active playlists on iTunes that I play through Sonos.  I have 3 of those playlists also on my iPhone for portability, two of which are 3000+ songs each (although they share about 1000 songs between them).  So if I make the plunge and convert the playlists to Spotify and start simply downloading songs from Spotify to those playlists to my phone (and available offline), I should be able to still access the converted playlist with any new songs from the Sonos app on my phone, correct?  

What about if I access Sonos from my computer app through my Spotify account?  Would the songs I downloaded on Spotify that are on my phone still be in the playlist regardless of which device I access it from?

I assume the answer to both of those are yes, but I wanted to make sure before I make the switch.

Finally, what if we have an entire different Sonos system in a different house.  I assume accessing Sonos in that house if I’m there would no problem (simply accessing Spotify through Sonos on my phone).  What if I wasn’t there?  Could someone else access through our laptop my playlists (if I let them) and have all of the original music plus any new music I’ve downloaded via Spotify?  Or do I need to be on that network with my phone (where the music is)?

I know these are probably pretty basic questions but I haven’t had much luck Googling an answer and this board is always great at answering them.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.