Question

Control Sonos directly from the TIDAL App Issues

• 17 May 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello is anyone having the following issues when controlling Sonos from the Tidal App:

• Pausing then resuming the song results in the next song starting (as if the track-forward button was pressed)
  • Adding a song to a queue while controlling Sonos will result in it not being played (TIDAL App for Android Only)

Please let me know as Sonos is pointing it to be an issue with my broadband connection as well as the fact there are not other reported issues from users. I’d like to make a better case there could be a widespread bug/issue.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge

I also have trouble controlling Sonos from the TIDAL app. My testwas from iOS I have not tested android. Works well controling Sonos from Spotify so I suspect the problem may be with TIDAL ( which in general doesent work very well with Sonos)

Hello is anyone having the following issues when controlling Sonos from the Tidal App:

• Pausing then resuming the song results in the next song starting (as if the track-forward button was pressed)
  • Adding a song to a queue while controlling Sonos will result in it not being played (TIDAL App for Android Only)

Please let me know as Sonos is pointing it to be an issue with my broadband connection as well as the fact there are not other reported issues from users. I’d like to make a better case there could be a widespread bug/issue.

Hello knopper, I am using iOS and not Android. Moreover, I am not facing either of these two issues you mentioned.

I am facing the other weird issue when using Tidal and Sonos together. 

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/tidal-now-displays-master-does-sonos-now-support-mqa-6839039?postid=16430553#post16430553

I also have trouble controlling Sonos from the TIDAL app. My testwas from iOS I have not tested android. Works well controling Sonos from Spotify so I suspect the problem may be with TIDAL ( which in general doesent work very well with Sonos)

So you are also having the pause/resume issue with Tidal? 

Hi,

Fist post. I use Tidal HiFi with Sonos on iOS, Android, and Windows.  I also use Spotify.  On Android, I have a lot of issues with the Tidal app and playing music through Sonos.  Mainly, a track will stop playing on Sonos and start playing on the Android device.  I have started using the Sonos App to control most of what I listen to on Tidal.  If you can confirm you are still having an issue with tracks not pausing and resuming, I can test with the Sonos Connect play/pause button and the app.  I know Spotify connect works seamlessly, but the lossless makes tidal worth the trouble.

Cheers, Ben

Badge +1

Hi knopper, for your information:

I mainly use the Tidal app (on a Android 7.0 device) to play “My Mix” on Sonos. Since this feature isn’t available directly in the Sonos app (S1).

I have some small issues, some of which you’re writing about:

1. After having started the stream in the Tidal app, music stops if I close the app before issue number 2 has occurred.
  2. Usually at the beginning of the second song being streamed, playback restarts on the android device (i.e. the sound also comes out of the android device). This problem is solved by closing the Tidal app. Music continues on Sonos.
  3. Pausing then resuming the song results in the next song starting (as if the track-forward button was pressed).

For me, these are minor issues and I got used to deal with them.