Answered

Connection to Spotify was lost

Hi, I’ve looked through many topics, rebooted, reauthorised, entered my account details again,  and still Spotify won’t connect. Please help!

diagnostic number 1384717218.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 March 2020, 16:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

125 replies

Userlevel 1

As of 345 eastern my system spotify/sonos is resolved.

Spotify is now working with Sonos, at least for me.

This happens to me several times a day now and causes songs to pause, skip or play again and has become very frustrating. Tried deleting and reinstalling spotify on sonos but has not helped. Connected wirelessly so shouldn’t(?) be any ethernet port issues.

Diagnostic number 621757988.

Hi @rhalrm. Thanks for posting.

I have taken a look at your diagnostic and I do see interference present on the Sonos system. To assess where this may be coming from, would you be able to hardwire the Sonos player directly to the router and let me know if the audio plays more reliably?

Hi @rhalrm. Thanks for posting.

I have taken a look at your diagnostic and I do see interference present on the Sonos system. To assess where this may be coming from, would you be able to hardwire the Sonos player directly to the router and let me know if the audio plays more reliably?

Hi Adam, thanks for the reply.

I have had the ethernet cable connected a couple days now and the problem is still happening multiple times a day. I first tried just with the cable and then with the cable but also disabling wifi on sonos but the problem continued with both.

Diagnostic number: 1342149632

Thank you for the update.That is certainly odd.

I would recommend additional network diagnostics. Moving forward, I think it would be best to give us a call during operation hours so we can proceed with troubleshooting live.The tools our agents have available to them will be more helpful in this case.

I too am having Spotify connection issues now. But Pandora works 100% of the time!  I had my Sonos working with Spotify for nearly a year now with no issues.  Not sure what changed several weeks ago.  After reading through all the community reports and tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and reauthorizing using my PC and Android, still cannot get Spotify to work. Diagnostic number 359449923. Please help!

I fixed the same problem on my Play-3 with setting  my router. On router setting menu, the wireless mode set manually on b/g legacy instead of automatic.

Hope it will be useful.

Stay safe.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Chiming in that I’m also having Spotify issues the past few days. I will get random song skips, and occasionally it just stops. Nothing at all has changed in my system. I caught a message on my phone that said “connection to Spotify was lost” during one of the skips. Doubtful it is the wireless connection (but I guess shouldn’t rule out completely) as I have Fios in a 1,400 square foot condo and all speakers within 15 feet of my router. 

FIOS isn’t the issue, that the connection between your router and the outside world. In the vast majority of these cases, it’s the connection between the speaker and the router, which boils down to wifi interference or possibly duplicate IP addresses, which should, in a proper router,  get fixed in a 24 hour lease renewal, but doesn’t always happen, for a variety of reasons. 

Diagnostic 1931780419

Same issue as many others seem to be having with intermittent song skipping when playing from Spotify. I've changed the Ethernet cable and even changed the port it is connected to on my router. I've tried turning off my Netgear Nighthawk X6S but the issue continues

Badge

We have also been having this issue playing Spotify in recent weeks.  It will either say “Connection to Spotify was lost” or “The song was not encoded properly”.  In the former case, mid-song it will jump to the next one; in the later case, it will skip the next song in the list and move to the one after that.  Very, very frustrating..  

Badge

We have also been having this issue playing Spotify in recent weeks.  It will either say “Connection to Spotify was lost” or “The song was not encoded properly”.  In the former case, mid-song it will jump to the next one; in the later case, it will skip the next song in the list and move to the one after that.  Very, very frustrating..  

And:  Your confirmation number is: 1891547473

Having the ‘unable to connect to Spotify issue’. This has been an issue that’s been ongoing for a couple of years that we would really like to be fixed.

Sonos displays the unable to connect to Spotify message then skips to the next song. Sometimes the next song plays and sometimes it also cannot play.

Any fix would be great.

Diagnostic: 1629645934

+1000

Spotify is the only streaming service for me that I get errors with within Sonos. Pandora and Amazon, my other two services, no issues, ever.

So, to the Sonos support staff, are we expected to each submit problem incidents/tickets so the numbers of complaints draw more attention to this issue? In hopes that either a bug is identified and fixed by Sonos or Spotify engineers or that instructions are provided by the app for customers to isolate/fix the issue (thinking more digital transformation for Sonos)?  

Same issues. It's been this way for more than a month. Then it'd fixed itself. Another day, another time, this would happen again. Only with Spotify.

Songs would also skipped from time to time.

And another one here with “connection to Spotify was lost”.

Everything else works just fine.  It really is about time this was resolved!

Diagnostics number is: 1272655273.

Same here 5 years strong every work day not issues.  Time to press the revert button over there.  Terrible as it plays throughout my office and my patients and i just love how it skips 5-6 times an hour.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 8:33 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Baba O'Riley' - the connection to Spotify was lost.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 8:33 AM Pacific Time
Unable to browse music

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 8:51 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Midnight Rider' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 8:56 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Way It Goes' - the connection to Spotify was lost.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 9:13 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Changes - 2015 Remaster' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 9:17 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Looking for Revenge' - the connection to Spotify was lost.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 9:28 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Maggie May - Remastered Version' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 9:31 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'All Day and All of the Night' - the connection to Spotify was lost.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 9:44 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'One Kind Of Solomon' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 9:49 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Brazil' - the connection to Spotify was lost.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 10:02 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Stay High' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 10:07 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Secret Preference' - the connection to Spotify was lost.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 10:17 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Beast Of Burden - Remastered' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 10:23 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Weekend Friend' - the connection to Spotify was lost.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 10:37 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Cry On Me' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 10:41 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Somewhere in Between' - the connection to Spotify was lost.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 10:44 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Jessica WJ' - the connection to Spotify was lost.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 10:44 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play the selected item.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 10:58 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Unwind' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 11:01 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'The Boys Are Back In Town' - the connection to Spotify was lost.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 11:11 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Good Old Days' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 11:17 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Fresh Squeezed' - the connection to Spotify was lost.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 11:29 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Needle and Thread' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 11:35 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Repeat' - the connection to Spotify was lost.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 11:47 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'No Giving Up' - the song is not encoded correctly.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 11:52 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'One' - the connection to Spotify was lost.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 11:54 AM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'One' - the connection to Spotify was lost.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 12:55 PM Pacific Time
Unable to play 'Born in the U.S.A.' - the connection to Spotify was lost.

YES THIS MANY TIMES.

This is obviously a problem sonos needs to fix. I too only have this issue with spotify. I have called in a few times, tried several "fixes", and the problem is still ongoing. The last call I was told sonos is working on a known issue with no eta.

Sonos app keeps stating connection lost from Spotify. Is there a fix to this issue?I have tried from my iPhone and MacBook Pro. Both will not connect 

I have the same problem. 

I can't play any Spotify track from the sonos app (connection lost error massage), neither from the Spotify app selecting the Sonos from the device screen: after I select the Sonos, it says "connecting..." but after some seconds it fails and the Sonos disappear from the device list. 

I'm having this issue in last few days, after almost a year of no problem at all. 

Can you solve the issue? 

I just started experiencing this today- worked perfectly before. I updated the Mac controller app too, so this spans the past two versions. It just won’t communicate with Spotify, can’t browse music or anything but can use the other Sonos services.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @cmcintosh, thank you for reaching out

I would like to take a look at the Sonos system with a diagnostic. 

Please take a diagnostic from the Sonos App. Setting > Help & TIps > Submit Diagnostic.

Reply with the confirmation and I’ll take a look.

Also, could you test the Spotify service with the Spotify app as well? We’ll need to check if it’s only on the Sonos app.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

It started working again later yesterday. Seemed to be a temporary outage? Not sure what happened, since Spotify was working on its own, and I tried Sonos radio for a bit and that worked too. I could play spotify on the speakers just fine in the afternoon though.

Add me to the list as well. I use Napster and it’s worked well with the Sonos app for many years. Since the change to the S1 app the Napster service disappears after a short time. This doesn’t effect the playback it’s only when searching for another artist album etc that Napster isn’t there. Sometimes it reappears otherwise I have to add the service again. It seems to me this is a problem to do with the app.