Answered

Connection to Spotify was lost

Hi, I’ve looked through many topics, rebooted, reauthorised, entered my account details again,  and still Spotify won’t connect. Please help!

diagnostic number 1384717218.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 March 2020, 16:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

125 replies

Hello @jakberridge. Welcome to the Community. I understand that you are losing connection to Spotify. Your Bridge is inconsistently losing connection to the network. Even if it is only for a fraction of a second, this can cause the speakers to lose connection to the Spotify server.

This is most likely caused by a faulty Ethernet cable. Are you able to replace the cable that your Bridge is using?

Hi Richard,

Thank you so much! I’ll give this a try!

Userlevel 1

Team. I have also carried out a lot of troubleshooting but cannot solve the ‘connection lost’ that only seems to occur with the Spotify integration on my Sonos system.

Diagnostic ref: 806778063

Hey @iamjj. Thanks for posting.

I have taken a look at your diagnostic and it appears that Sonos is running on another piece of networking hardware than your router. We would need some more information about your network topology to understand where this issue may be rooted.

Are the cut outs present when a Sonos player is hardwired directly into the router?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Adam S,

Thanks for the advice. I did some further diagnostics based on you advice and found that one of the ports on the managed network switch that I normally only use for testing had something plugged in which looks like was causing the issue.

Unplugging the cable from that port and shutting EVERYTHING down for a while before bringing everything back up seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks againfor the pointer.

Stay safe!

Userlevel 1

@Adam S,

Looks like the issue has returned. Diagnostic ref: 876587495. Is it the same problem you saw in the last submission?

Thanks,

-JJ

Thanks for the update.

Hey @iamjj. Thanks for posting.

I have taken a look at your diagnostic and it appears that Sonos is running on another piece of networking hardware than your router. We would need some more information about your network topology to understand where this issue may be rooted.

Are the cut outs present when a Sonos player is hardwired directly into the router?

I am still seeing the system in the same state as it was previously. I would need my previous questions addressed, so I would be better acclimated with your system.

I would be also happy to provide some additional information regarding Managed Switches and overall Sonos System Requirements.

It may also be useful if you were to contact an IT installer to check the network topology.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Adam S,

Topology is:

Phone line -- VDSL -- Gateway (DHCP) -- Managed switch -- Wireless access point <- Tri-band link to -> Wireless access point

All Sonos devices are wireless.

No VLANs are configured on the managed switch, in fact other than one port that is specifically configured, the switch is default and behaves as an unmanaged switch. Sonos systems has never had issues before other than the recently reported problem with Spotify. Spotify works fine on a mobile device and Amazon Music works fine on Sonos.

I am not sure how Sonos would be running on anything other than the gateway which is the DHCP server. Do you know what IP address the Sonos is trying to route through? It is odd that Amazon Music works fine if this is the case.

Thanks for the information. What is the make/model for the managed switch?

Would you be able to temporarily hardwire the player to the router and assess if the  issue continues?

For us to go deeper into the results from the diagnostic, it would be recommended to give us a call and we would be happy to discuss your system in more detail.

Userlevel 1

I updated my Sonos app a couple days ago. Now my Spotify is not working with my Sonos system. When I play a song I can’t get it going with any of my speakers around my house. I’m thinking that the Sonos app and the Spotify are not communicating with each other after the update. Unfortunately I’ve tried everything like resetting my WiFi, phone, uninstalling and installing both apps. Nothing works and it keeps saying that the Sonos app unable to connect with Spotify. Any ideas? 

Same here, I just lost connection tonight, and can’t get it back online.   I have tried resetting the network, resetting the Network settings in the Sonos App, and deleted and reconnected my Spotify account.   But anytime I try to listen to Spotify on Sonos I get the same error.   

Sonos will play everything else fine.

Userlevel 1

Same here. Connected fine a few hours ago, but now lost Spotify-Sonos connection altogether. Have rebooted everything. Just hangs from any device trying to connect to Spotify.  Any ideas yet?

I can send Pandora to my Sonos just fine. It’s just Spotify-Sonos that’s throwing errors now. 

Userlevel 1

My connection to Spotify is also down for the last hour - first time I’ve noticed it - nothing has changed with the network. 

Given the other reports could this be a system wide issue and not user-specific?

Userlevel 1

Jharmon, I think you’re right.  Mine just came back up in the last few minutes, connecting from Spotify to my Sonos. <fingers crossed>

Userlevel 1

I have been having these “connection lost” with trying to get Spotify to play on Sonos. Its totally annoying! Never had an issue before but its been doing this for a couple of days now, thought it was just me but see that its more widespread. 

Same here. I’ve had zero issues with spotify playing on Sonos until tonight. Now it’s saying connection lost. Seems like it’s an issue with Sonos software?

Same here.. normally no issues.. have not been able to connect sonos to spotify for past few hours.  Other apps work fine (Tunein, Calm).   Spotify works fine outside of Sonos.  Seems like Sonos issue?

Having the same issue, starting to sound like this was an app update issue.

Hello? I am been having issues with spotify + sonos for a few days now either through the spotify app now even with the sonos app. The whole system is completely unfunctional even after resetting my router and sonos hardware

Same issues...hoping it is resolved soon.

Add me to the list, having troubles just with the Spotify service, all other services are working fine.

Add me to the list as well, having troubles just with the Spotify service, all other services are working fine.

Also having this problem since last night....

Same…. annoyed. I updated and now it won’t connect to Spotify. It will play other music in app, but not Spotify. Will be watching for updates.

Userlevel 2

Just started happening for me for the first time ever. I've used Spotify+Sonos every day for 3 years.