Answered

Connection to Spotify was lost

Hi, I’ve looked through many topics, rebooted, reauthorised, entered my account details again,  and still Spotify won’t connect. Please help!

diagnostic number 1384717218.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 March 2020, 16:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

125 replies

Userlevel 1

So it turns out they know about the spotify problem:
https://status.sonos.com/

Userlevel 1

I updated my Sonos app a couple days ago. Now my Spotify is not working with my Sonos system. When I play a song I can’t get it going with any of my speakers around my house. I’m thinking that the Sonos app and the Spotify are not communicating with each other after the update. Unfortunately I’ve tried everything like resetting my WiFi, phone, uninstalling and installing both apps. Nothing works and it keeps saying that the Sonos app unable to connect with Spotify. Any ideas? 

Userlevel 1

I have been having these “connection lost” with trying to get Spotify to play on Sonos. Its totally annoying! Never had an issue before but its been doing this for a couple of days now, thought it was just me but see that its more widespread. 

Userlevel 1

Same here. Connected fine a few hours ago, but now lost Spotify-Sonos connection altogether. Have rebooted everything. Just hangs from any device trying to connect to Spotify.  Any ideas yet?

I can send Pandora to my Sonos just fine. It’s just Spotify-Sonos that’s throwing errors now. 

Userlevel 1

My connection to Spotify is also down for the last hour - first time I’ve noticed it - nothing has changed with the network. 

Given the other reports could this be a system wide issue and not user-specific?

Userlevel 1

Sure would have been nice if they would have posted this somewhere….so I wouldn’t have unistalled and reinstalled spotify three times!

Same here, I just lost connection tonight, and can’t get it back online.   I have tried resetting the network, resetting the Network settings in the Sonos App, and deleted and reconnected my Spotify account.   But anytime I try to listen to Spotify on Sonos I get the same error.   

Sonos will play everything else fine.

Userlevel 1

Good to hear I’m not alone… I’m also having the same problem with Spotify in that I keep getting the error

Unable to play “Some song.” The connection to spotify was lost.

Userlevel 2

So it turns out they know about the spotify problem:
https://status.sonos.com/

Good find.  Thanks for posting. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Adam S,

Thanks for the advice. I did some further diagnostics based on you advice and found that one of the ports on the managed network switch that I normally only use for testing had something plugged in which looks like was causing the issue.

Unplugging the cable from that port and shutting EVERYTHING down for a while before bringing everything back up seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks againfor the pointer.

Stay safe!

Userlevel 1

Team. I have also carried out a lot of troubleshooting but cannot solve the ‘connection lost’ that only seems to occur with the Spotify integration on my Sonos system.

Diagnostic ref: 806778063

Having the same issue, starting to sound like this was an app update issue.

Add me to the list, having troubles just with the Spotify service, all other services are working fine.

As has been posted repeatedly, please check the status webpage for Sonos.

Userlevel 1

As of 345 eastern my system spotify/sonos is resolved.

Userlevel 2

Could also be on Spotify's side. I attempted to run the Spotify app on my TV with the plan of just using my TV as my Beam's source. However, I couldn't pair Spotify running on my phone with Spotify running on my TV either!

Userlevel 1

Was driving me nuts since last evening. Reboot, unplug, reauthorize. 

Userlevel 1

I would have liked to have seen a message saying that was an issue. It was buried in the support area. But having you preorder for more speakers was front and center. I love my Sonos but come on guys.

Userlevel 1

Just tried again and mine connected. Hope this means it’s fixed! ? Will see if it holds...

Userlevel 1

Hi @Adam S,

Topology is:

Phone line -- VDSL -- Gateway (DHCP) -- Managed switch -- Wireless access point <- Tri-band link to -> Wireless access point

All Sonos devices are wireless.

No VLANs are configured on the managed switch, in fact other than one port that is specifically configured, the switch is default and behaves as an unmanaged switch. Sonos systems has never had issues before other than the recently reported problem with Spotify. Spotify works fine on a mobile device and Amazon Music works fine on Sonos.

I am not sure how Sonos would be running on anything other than the gateway which is the DHCP server. Do you know what IP address the Sonos is trying to route through? It is odd that Amazon Music works fine if this is the case.

Userlevel 2

Mine is still not working 😭 

Correction, it just started playing, despite seeing the error! And now I have control again!

Userlevel 2

Those reporting that Spotify is working now, is it working for you without any hiccups? Mine seems to be playing every other song, but at least I’m not getting the error message anymore. 

Same issues. It's been this way for more than a month. Then it'd fixed itself. Another day, another time, this would happen again. Only with Spotify.

Songs would also skipped from time to time.

Also getting the Spotify connection lost issue. Pandora works just fine. This is very frustrating. 

Userlevel 1

Jharmon, I think you’re right.  Mine just came back up in the last few minutes, connecting from Spotify to my Sonos. <fingers crossed>