Answered

Connection to Pandora keeps dropping

I've been having issues playing music from Pandora recently and keep getting errors like the following:

12/12/17, 10:37 AM
Unable to play 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' - the connection to Pandora was lost.

12/12/17, 11:00 AM
Unable to play '' - service unresponsive.

12/15/17, 3:27 PM
Unable to play '' - access is denied.

I can't tell if this is an issue with Pandora or Sonos. I've looked through previous community posts and have seen lots of other people having similar issues with no actual resolution. I've also tried switching my Sonos setup to use my own Wi-Fi instead of the SonosNet network but nothing seems to work.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 18 December 2017, 19:48

Hi everyone, we are looking into an issue with Pandora streams that are stopping unexpectedly and working with Pandora to get it resolved. The symptoms here would be audio interruptions on Pandora through Sonos or through the Pandora app controlling Sonos, and it could affect any controller. You might be hearing audio drops, tracks skipping, or audio playback stopping abruptly.

If you are unable to play any music at all, it's not likely to be related. And this also doesn't affect adding Pandora to Sonos or being able to use the direct control feature. Though performance could be spotty if this is giving you trouble.

We'll let you know when it's been resolved in the main thread, so please feel free to follow this thread for news.

View original
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

We are having the exact same issue. It seems to have started when we updated to the latest version of the Sonos app.
Same here its really driving me nuts!
I am also having this problem.
Same issue.
I am having the same issue! I agree that is seems to be happening since the last upgrade.
I am having the same issue with both Pandora and Spodify. Have reauthorized both services after the Sonos upgrade. No problems playing either service from my phone.
Badge
Same issue with Pandora, all other services are fine, no WiFi or internet issues with anything else.
Same here... especially problematic with the morning alarm!
Same issue here with Pandora dropping out about every 10-20 mins. Additionally, sound cuts off on TV and Netflix.
Have to change channel to get sound back. Had this issue several months back. Fixed with a beta release , but it is back now. Diagnostic number 8233006.
Same here. Was awful yesterday.
I am having the same problem. It is very frustrating.
The new app isn't very easy to use and the dropping Pandora is really annoying. I hope Sonos fixes this soon!
also having same issue. Has anyone found a solution to the problem?
Same issue here. Pandora, Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music. All have issues. But I can play pandora just fine on my iPhone, mac and PC. What is up Sonos? I agree everything was great until I updated to the latest app/firmware. Please help....was considering getting more Sonos for Christmas, but certainly not if it doesn't work. I've tried all of the FAQ items, and now have an hour wait on the phone....
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone, we are looking into an issue with Pandora streams that are stopping unexpectedly and working with Pandora to get it resolved. The symptoms here would be audio interruptions on Pandora through Sonos or through the Pandora app controlling Sonos, and it could affect any controller. You might be hearing audio drops, tracks skipping, or audio playback stopping abruptly.

If you are unable to play any music at all, it's not likely to be related. And this also doesn't affect adding Pandora to Sonos or being able to use the direct control feature. Though performance could be spotty if this is giving you trouble.

We'll let you know when it's been resolved in the main thread, so please feel free to follow this thread for news.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings