Answered

Connection to Deezer has been lost

Bonjour,

Je suis abonné à Deezer Hifi et j’écoute le plus souvent des playlist sur mon Sonos (2xPlay 3 + Sub dans le salon, 2xPlay 1 dans le bureau). J’utilise indifféremment le controleur Windows ou Android (S2)

Depuis quelques jours, j’ai très fréquemment l’erreur suivante : Impossible de lire “Titre du morceau” - la connexion à Deezer a été perdue.

Le problème se produit systématiquement lors du passage d’un morceau à un autre, jamais en cours de lecture. Je peux d’ailleurs facilement le reproduire en appuyant sur le bouton “Titre suivant”. En insistant (en redemandant son écoute), le morceau finit par se laisser écouter, sans erreur.

Si j’écoute Deezer avec le navigateur sur le PC, je n’ai pas de souci … mais le son est franchement moins bon que sur Sonos !

J’ai bien sûr fait appel au SAV, avec qui j’ai passé un long moment mais sans succès : aucune anomalie apparente n’a été diagnostiquée sur mon environnement.

Je précise que j’ai un accès Internet par la fibre, avec un débit élevé, sur lequel je surfe, je regarde la télé (plusieurs écrans simultanés) sans problème. Et le problème de connexion perdue avec Deezer ne se produit que depuis une semaine environ.

J’ai éteint/rallumé tous mes équipements (box, points d’accès Wifi, Sonos, ...) réinitialisé les controleurs Windows et Android. Le problème demeure … Il se produit aussi bien en configuration filaire que Wifi (j’ai essayé les 2, mais je suis habituellement en configuration filaire).

Donc j’appelle à l’aide : quelqu’un aurait-il une idée ?

Merci de votre retour.

I mostly listen to Deezer Playlists on my Sonos system. I use either Windows or Android controller (S2).

The following error has been occurring frequently over the past few days: Cannot read “Song title” - connection to Deezer has been lost.

The problem always occurs when switching from one song to the next one. I can easily generate the error by pressing the “Next Title” button. 

No problem if I listen to Deezer with a browser on my PC, ... but the sound is definitely not as good as on Sonos!

Of course, I called in support service and spent a long time with them, unfortunatly without success: no apparent anomaly was diagnosed in my environment.

The problem occurs in both wired and wireless configurations.

I have fiber Internet access, with a high speed : I watch TV without any problem (multi-screens).

I turned off / on all hardware (box, WiFi access points, Sonos, ...), reset the Windows and Android controllers, but the problem remains ...

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks for your help

icon

Best answer by jp69f 17 August 2021, 15:31

View original

16 replies

Hi Xander

Thanks for your help.

Is this occurring with all content from Deezer, or only playlists?  : all contents (Playlist, albums, ...)

It may help to remove and then re-add the service to your Sonos system : I forgot to mention but I did … without success.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

Hi Xander.

I’ll test next week the connection of a Play:3 in Ethernet on another network (at my daughter's house who is on vacation at the moment). I’ll keep you informed.

During this time, I’ll ask my ISP to test and check the line. 

Thanks for your help.

Hi Xander,

Yesterday I had a chat with the support of my ISP, asking them to verify my access. They did and told me everything was fine.

Today, I took my Play:3 to a helpful neighbor, with ADSL access through another ISP: no more listening problem (by the way, he might buy a Sonos for himself :wink:).

Thaht’s why I have just called the support back (by phone, not by chat, despite an endless waiting period) to explain them in detail the problem and what had been done. Fortunately, the helpliner was much more serious than the previous ones and found synchronization problems on the line (maybe a bad optical solder on a connection).

Now I still have to wait a few days for an intervention to resolve the problem … I hope.

I’ll keep you informed.

Hello both,

Thank you for this exchange it's very interesting.

Since a week I have exactly the same issue with Sonos and Deezer. I also use Free as an ISP but I'm already full stack so we can rule this out. Do you confirm your issue was solved after free intervention and the issue was on their end ?

Tks 

Cyril

Hello

I am in the exact same situation.

Did you find a way to resolve the issue for a user who is already with a full stack IP adress ?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @jp69f, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Is this occurring with all content from Deezer, or only playlists? It may help to remove and then re-add the service to your Sonos system, however Deezer are currently doing some work in their back-end which may lead to some service disruption. Given that you’ve already rebooted the network, and the issue occurs in a wired setup, it seems likely you may be experiencing some of that disruption - especially if our support team have investigated and seen no obvious causes for this.

Let us know if removing and re-adding the Deezer account helps at all :)

Bonjour, j'ai toujours mon problème de connexion à Deezer qui se perd très (trop) souvent.
Depuis un mois j'ai cru qu'il s'agissait d'un problème de MAJ du firmware de mon AP Wifi Orbi RBR40.
Mais ce n'est pas le cas.
Je ne crois pas non plus qu'il s'agit d'un problème SONOS.
Pour orienter un peu mes recherches, quelqu'un peut-il me dire dans quel(s) cas le message d'anomalie est généré (Impossible de lire <<titre>> - la connexion à Deezer a été perdue) ?
Merci de votre aide.

Hello, I still have very (too) often, the Deezer connection problem.
For a month, I thought that it was a problem with a firmware update of the Orbi RBR40 WiFi AP. But it is’nt.
I also don't believe this is a SONOS problem.
To guide my research, can someone tell me in which case the message is generated (Unable to read <<title>> - connection to Deezer has been lost)?
Thank you for your help.

Bonjour. J'ai toujours mon problème de connexion perdue avec Deezer.

Dans les semaines passées, j'ai appelé le support Sonos au téléphone, avec qui j'ai fait de très nombreux tests et vérifications.
Avec un Play:3 connecté directement à ma Freebox avec un câble Ethernet, j'ai toujours le problème de connexion perdue (connexion filaire, Multiroom sur Sonosnet, plus de wifi actif dans la maison).
Je rappelle que j'ai un accès fibre avec un ping à 12ms environ et un débit > 500Mbps qui ne me pose aucun problème sur les streaming video et autres services.
Je cherche désespérément de l'aide, car le problème est vraiment génant.

Hello. I still have my lost connection problem with Deezer.

In the past weeks, I called Sonos support on the phone, with which I did a lot of tests and checks.

With a Play:3 connected directly to my Freebox with an Ethernet cable, I still have the problem of a lost connection (wired connection, Multiroom with Sonosnet, no more active wifi in the house).

I remind you that I have a fiber access with a ping of around 12ms and a speed> 500Mbps without any problem on video streaming and other services.

I am desperately looking for help because the problem is really embarrassing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @jp69f, apologies for the delay, looks like your reply slipped through.

Just to confirm, you don’t have this issue with any other music sources? Difficult to say what the cause could be based on the error message alone, as there can be multiple reasons for the connection to drop - from local interference to issues on the services side. 

I have occasionally seen this kind of issue be caused by the network configuration; you mentioned that the Play:3 is connected directly to the Freebox - is that the main router, or does the Freebox get its internet connection from another router?

I wasn’t able to find any open phone cases under your email address unfortunately, if you could DM me the case number I’ll be happy to take a look through the tests performed so far as well as any diagnostics :)

Hi Xander,

Freebox is both modem and router for my internet connection.  Usually, I use a mesh system too (with Netgear Orbi configured as AP and not as router). Connecting the Play:3 directly to the Freebox allowed us to eliminate Netgear systems as the cause of the problem.

The last case number is xxxxxx.

Thanks for your help.

[Mod edit: removed case number]

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks for providing that @jp69f. Looks like we recommended you reach out to your ISP regarding this, were you able to do so, and were they able to assist at all?

As another troubleshooting step, it may be helpful to test one of the speakers using the same Deezer account on a different network, would this be at all possible?

If you would be able to take the speaker to a different location and connect it to a different router via Ethernet, that would be ideal - if that’s not an option though, and you have access to another mobile device, a Hotspot setup would be an alternative;

1. First, remove the current network settings using the Sonos app (Settings > System > Network > Manage Networks, tap on the current network and remove it)
  2. On the second mobile device, start hosting the HotSpot - you can find instructions here for iOS and Android devices.
  3. Remove the Ethernet cable from the Play:3, and connect your primary mobile device to the HotSpot WiFi
  4. Open the Sonos app - you should be unable to connect, and you can follow the steps here to Update the Network Settings, so that Sonos connects to the HotSpot WiFi.

Once Sonos is configured, you should see Deezer, along with any other music services available - if you test playback using the HotSpot network, do you experience the same issue with lost connections?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks for the update @jp69f!

It certainly does sound like there’s a slight issue on the line affecting the Deezer connection, and hopefully they’ll be able to get that sorted out for you :)

Hi Xander,

In some cases, my ISP shares an IP address between 4 clients. Each of them owns only a quarter of the ports. This is how my access has been configured since the installation of my fiber optic link.

It worked well with Sonos for several months and then not so well for 3 months. Fortunately, we can request a full stack IP connection. I did this by following the advice of a Free hotliner.

And now my Sonos is working fine again.:joy::champagne_glass::champagne:

I will be happy if this information can help someone else not to have a hard time like I did.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @jp69f, great news! Thanks for the update, and hopefully this will be helpful for anybody else having the same issue :)

Hello both,

Since a week I have exactly the same issue with Sonos and Deezer. I also use Free as an ISP but I'm already full stack so we can rule this out. Do you confirm your issue was solved after free intervention and the issue was on their end ?

Tks 

Cyril

Hello

I am in the exact same situation.

Did you find a way to resolve the issue for a user who is already with a full stack IP adress ?

Thanks

Hello,

I am also in the same situation. Already with full stack but tons of ‘connection to Deezer lost’. This only happens with Sonos. If I listen to Deezer with a computer on the same wifi / internet connection, I don’t have this issue.

ISP: Free Fibre

Router: UniFi

Sonos: Sonos One, Play:3, Sonos One SL, all using Wifi

Did someone find a solution?

Thanks, nico 

Hello both,

Tks 

Cyril

Hi All,

I confirm that there are no more errors since my configuration was updated to full stack. Note that I got help from Free by submitting a post at https://dev.freebox.fr/bugs/.

Jerome