Question

Connecting CD player and turntable to Sonos Connect

• 23 October 2016
  • 3 replies

I have a technics CD player and Denon turntable with PreAmp. I want to play through my Sonos system. (2 x Play3, 2 x Play1 plus Sonos Connect). Both the CD and Turntable have the Red and White cables. The CD also has Digital Optical Out. I can play either the CD player or Turntable by connecting the Red and White cables to the 'Analog Audio In' on the Connect. But is there a way of connecting both the CD and Turntable to the Connect so I don't have to keep disconnecting cables. I tried connecting an Optical cable from the CD player to the Optical cable on the connect but the cable, firstly, does not seem to connect securely to the Sonos Connect and there is no Sound. Any thoughts or solutions appreciated. Thanks Kevin.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The optical on the Connect is an output, not an input. There is only one input on the Connect, so you would need a switch to accomplish what you want.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hook up the turntable - rip all the CD's to a hardrive NAS and be done with CDs. Worth the time to rip.
Hook up the turntable - rip all the CD's to a hardrive NAS and be done with CDs. Worth the time to rip.
+1 to that. With the turntable there may be two good reasons to keep it -
1. Because it is cool
2. Because you may have music on vinyl that isn't available to you in digital form.
With the CDP, once the one time effort is done, there are no good reasons to keep it.