Answered

Connect Sonos One SL with AirPlay 2 enabled TV

• 15 January 2020
  • 2 replies

I have two Sonos One SL speakers and a Vizio 58” Class V TV (model V585-G1). The TV has Apple AirPlay 2. I would like to use AirPlay 2 to play video content on the screen and audio through the Sonos, but can’t seem to get it to work. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 January 2020, 00:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’ve never found an app that allows me to split the output of AirPlay 2 between two devices, one for audio, one for video.

I’d consider one of Sonos’ sound bars, the PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, or Beam to hook up to your Vizio. I’ve got two Vizio’s, each has a PLAYBAR, they’re wonderful .

I have two Sonos One SL speakers and a Vizio 58” Class V TV (model V585-G1). The TV has Apple AirPlay 2. I would like to use AirPlay 2 to play video content on the screen and audio through the Sonos, but can’t seem to get it to work. Is this possible?

In all the TV’s I’ve seen, Airplay capability means you can cast from an Airplay device to the TV, not cast audio from the TV to an Airplay speaker.