Classical HD repeats

• 19 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Does anyone know how frequently the classical Concert Hall and Holiday curated playlists change? I subscribe to HD for superb quality, but I’m becoming aware of the list repeating itself. Also, does anyone, like me, wish for Full Concerto so that more than a single movement of a violin concerto can be heard?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kochanski, thanks for reaching out. About your question, we don’t have any specifics in terms of when these curated playlists are being updated. But it should be updated from time to time. We can also wait for feedback from our other Sonos community users who may share their experience about this concern. 

If you have other questions about your Sonos products and services, feel free to reach out.

Badge

Well how about this? Holiday Concerto is still playing Christmas carols in week thee of January. Surely? Who is curating this? I am paying a subscription and not convinced anyone is actually building a new list. If you try the competition with the Classical Archives site you can create hundreds of personal Playlists. You can also use their many ready-curated lists. IF THINGS DO NOT IMPROVE, I WILL END MY SUBSCRIPTION. Surely with an international streaming service you can do better than this? If I feel I could do better myself, then something is wrong. Concert Hall should change every two weeks. You also need Full Concerto so we can hear a concerto? I love the quality but am not impressed with repeated lists or the inability to generate variety.

Badge

Here we are a week into February and Holiday Concerto HD is STILL playing Christmas carols. Surely somebody can curate better than this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Kochanski, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community :)

The Holiday Concerto station is specifically for Christmas music, all year round. I’ll be happy to pass on your feedback regarding the playlists updating more frequently however - if there are any other suggestions you’d like to share, feel free!

Badge

The best suggestion would be to create Full Concerto. There are many  instrumental concertos needing the full three movements rather than just a single movement. I can hardly believe that you want to play Christmas music all year. I’m not just being fussy, but I am looking at other HD providers of classical music properly created with regularly updated playlists.

Badge

Love the speaker, but have now cancelled my Sonos HD subscription and moved to IDAGIO Premium. Check it out and you will see what professional curating of classical music is all about. Sorry Sonos but you have some way to go.