Answered

Change Start & End Position of Tracks on Sonos Playlist

• 11 January 2020
  • 1 reply

I have some tracks in my itunes music library that I have edited and changed the start/end positions. I’ve done this by right clicking on the track, Song Info, then altering the start and stop time on the Options tab. I’ve then added those tracks to a few different playlists in my apple music.

When I link my apple music to my sonos, I get my playlists through OK but it ignores the modified start/stop times on the edited tracks. Is there a way that I can get this to copy over onto Sonos or alternatively, a way to edit the tracks in the same way within the sonos app? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Mr Keith 13 January 2020, 21:18

Sonos isnt reading the tracks from iTunes, it is reading the track that is stored on your hard drive, NAS,  etc. where your music files are stored. All it uses iTunes for is to recreate your play lists. So the actions you have made in iTunes as to the play length of the track has no impact.

So the only way to change what plays, is by editing the original music file at source. Mp3 tracks are easy to edit in programmes like Audacity. I've never edited tracks in Apple's sound file format.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Sonos isnt reading the tracks from iTunes, it is reading the track that is stored on your hard drive, NAS,  etc. where your music files are stored. All it uses iTunes for is to recreate your play lists. So the actions you have made in iTunes as to the play length of the track has no impact.

So the only way to change what plays, is by editing the original music file at source. Mp3 tracks are easy to edit in programmes like Audacity. I've never edited tracks in Apple's sound file format.