Answered

change default music service in sonos app

• 18 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi - on my Sonos page on the app currently my music service is Spotify. I’m changing to Apple is there a way to change the default? I can’t seem to find an option within the App. Probably missing something basic! 

thanks 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 18 December 2021, 20:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Notice also the Edit button, which allows you change the order of the categories. 

Hi - on my Sonos page on the app currently my music service is Spotify. I’m changing to Apple is there a way to change the default? I can’t seem to find an option within the App. Probably missing something basic! 

thanks 

If you mean when using/controlling playback with the voice assistant services, then you set the default service in either the Amazon Alexa App and/or the Google Home App settings, depending on which assistants you use.

Note FYI… I don’t believe the Apple Music service playback, can be controlled by the Google Assistant on Sonos devices.. you can manually load the music and then control volume/skip/pause etc. just not begin the playback of tracks/albums/playlists etc. However it is all possible via the Amazon Alexa Service.

thanks 

Hi.  What do you mean by the Sonos page?  In which app?  In what sense is Spotify the default?

Badge +1

Screen attached - Spotify currently but want to change to Apple 

Userlevel 7

@Doyles Add Apple Music to your music services in the Sonos app. Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2757?language=en_US

You can also remove Spotify as a music service in the Sonos app if you are no longer using it.

Then add artists, albums, playlists, and songs from Apple Music to My Sonos and it will populate your “Sonos page”:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3547?language=en_US