Question

CBC Music Streams - Unable to Browse Music

• 9 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge

I see several threads about this from a year ago,  It seems to be happening again.  For example, when I select “Holidays” I get the error message “Unable to Browse Music”.  This was working fine until a few days ago.  Does anyone have a solution?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

First, try a reboot of your router. Next, check the “view real time status” link on this forum, although that may be manually updated, not sure how it really works. Finally, try contacting  Sonos Support directly to discuss it. 

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

Oh...since all Sonos does is point to a server location provided by the CBC, maybe contact them as well? 

Same issue here. Will try to restart routers and see if that helps. I can see the CBC Holiday streams on their site and Listen App.

Somehow, this seems to happen every year!

Badge

After a long chat with Tech Support, they finally discovered a problem at their end.  It then took about a week but CBC streams are back, better than ever.  Sonos now picks up all the new streams available through the CBC Listen app.

I discovered, earlier this week, quite by chance, that the CBC Holiday Classical stream was working, and have had it playing all week! Thanks for looking into this and for your persistence! Well worth it!