Answered

CBC Music (Radio 2) suddenly broken

• 29 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Did CBC or Sonos change something with the CBC Radio and Music service since last week? I’m suddenly getting a message that “CBC Music On Air...is no longer available on CBC Radio and Music” when I try to play it. I listen to this station almost every day and it likely makes up 95% of my Sonos usage, so obviously I’m not happy about this.

I live in the U.S. so I’m wondering if CBC started geoblocking its service or if this is due to some other issue.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 3 July 2022, 11:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

You may want to check this thread.

I’m assuming the answer to your question is “yes”, but they probably don’t realize it. As it’s not really a Sonos issue, you may want to reach out to the CBC directly. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks, that thread didn’t show up when I searched. I’ll continue the discussion there.

Not a worry. It may have been posted after you searched….or it may be that ( a common occurrence, it seems) the search didn’t find it. I’d just posted there, which is why I was aware. I tend to go in order through the boards :) Shoot, for all I know, you posted first, but I ran across that one first. 

I don't think CBC has been geoblocked. I'm in BC and it's not working here either. The only CBC that works for me is CBC Edmonton via TuneIn. The CBC service app is completely non-functional. 

The Sonos radio service has CBC radio 1 streams available as a workaround for this issue.  I am currently listening to CBC radio 1 Vancouver

If not seen already, see the Sonos Services Status Page with regards to the CBC radio & music outage too…

https://status.sonos.com