Question

Cant play spotify through sonos

Im on the sonos app, and i click spotify. It says i need to reauthorize my spotify account which is "Natey J". Its probably an old account that i dont use anymore. When i click reauthorize, it skips past pages and says something along the lines of "coulndt reauthorize spotify." if i click cancel, it goes straight to "couldnt reauthorize spotify."

I want to change the spotify account that my sonos is connected to. How do I do that?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Hi Natey J

Welcome to the community.

The best way to do it, is to remove the account and then add in the new account. If you go to "settings"->"my services" then you can select the current account and then remove it. Then you can select "add account", select the service and then add your new Spotify account details.

Also make sure if the Spotify app is installed on the same device, that the account that is logged into the Spotify app is the premium account that you want to add to Sonos

Do let us know how you get on.

If you're still have difficulties removing the old account and adding the new account, then could you submit a Diagnostic and reply with the number.

Many thanks
I'm having a similar regarding Spotify reauthorization. I'm able to reauthorize my account but I need to do it every day before I start listening. If I don't reauthorize the account I get an error message that says something like "file can't be found".
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I'm having a similar regarding Spotify reauthorization. I'm able to reauthorize my account but I need to do it every day before I start listening. If I don't reauthorize the account I get an error message that says something like "file can't be found".
Hi Michael. Welcome to the community.

I'd like to have a little more information about your Sonos system. Can you send us over a diagnostic? Please reply with the confirmation number. Here's an article explaining how to submit a diagnostic
Hi Michael. Welcome to the community.

I'd like to have a little more information about your Sonos system. Can you send us over a diagnostic? Please reply with the confirmation number. Here's an article explaining how to submit a diagnostic

Confirmation #7627221
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Confirmation #7627221
I've checked your diagnostic. Do you have a VPN running or have you changed your ISPs DNS settings?
If yes, please turn off your VPN or/and change the DNS back to your ISPs.

In any case, please remove your Spotify account from your Sonos app and reboot the PLAY:3 and the router. Once both devices are connected re-add your Spotify account and try again. Let me know how it goes.
If the problem, continues submit a new diagnostic and I'll create a support ticket
Confirmation #7627221
I've checked your diagnostic. Do you have a VPN running or have you changed your ISPs DNS settings?

In any case, please remove your Spotify account from your Sonos app and reboot the PLAY:3 and the router. Once both devices are connected re-add your Spotify account and try again. Let me know how it goes.
If the problem, continues submit a new diagnostic and I'll create a support ticket

I work at home and connect to a VPN but my computer is hardwired to the router. Would that affect it?
Confirmation #7627221

I work at home and connect to a VPN but my computer is hardwired to the router. Would that affect it?
I

I just submitted another diagnostic report. #7643026
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Are you able to test without the VPN michaeldrake11? Your computer may not be able to communicate properly with Sonos when connected to the VPN.
Are you able to test without the VPN michaeldrake11? Your computer may not be able to communicate properly with Sonos when connected to the VPN.
I'm not using my computer to play music so why would the VPN be an issue? I'm playing via the iPhone app.
Confirmation #7627221

I

I just submitted another diagnostic report. #7643026

Has anyone looked into my diagnostic report? #7643026.

I'm not sure why it makes a difference if my computer is on a VPN. I'm playing music through the Sonos app.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Has anyone looked into my diagnostic report? #7643026.

I'm not sure why it makes a difference if my computer is on a VPN. I'm playing music through the Sonos app.

Looks like the diagnostic is showing signs of wireless interference that could be affecting playback. Troubleshoot following the recommended steps in our FAQ page here and let us know how it goes: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3650