Answered

cant connect to spotify app

• 1 August 2020
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi

i can’t get Spotify to connect with my Move. It can see it, but won’t connect. It connects fine with Sonos app but would rather use Spotify directly. Have not changed any settings on the router, have tried turning off and on etc too. 
can anyone help? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Lomo 2 August 2020, 11:20

Hi Simon 

Thanks for getting back to me. Bizarrely, this morning it’s working fine! I haven’t changed anything, it simply started working. I guess an update somewhere along the line has resolved the issue however, in case it happens again, I have answered your questions below:

I have added the Spotify service to the Sonos app.

I am playing music via WiFi.
Am using the S2 app.

Haven’t tried just using Bluetooth.

Thanks Simon

Regards

D

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Lomo, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your concern about the Sonos Move, I’d like to ask some things to further assist.

• Have you already added the Spotify music service on the Sonos App? You may check this link for reference. 
  • Are you playing songs on Spotify through Wifi or Bluetooth?
  • Are you using the Sonos S1 or S2 App?
  • Does is play through Bluetooth directly from the native Spotify App?

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon 

Thanks for getting back to me. Bizarrely, this morning it’s working fine! I haven’t changed anything, it simply started working. I guess an update somewhere along the line has resolved the issue however, in case it happens again, I have answered your questions below:

I have added the Spotify service to the Sonos app.

I am playing music via WiFi.
Am using the S2 app.

Haven’t tried just using Bluetooth.

Thanks Simon

Regards

D

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Lomo, thanks for the update. I’m glad it already worked.

If there's any other issue you're having in the future, feel free to reach out.  

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Thanks Simon, appreciate it.

Regards

D