Answered

Cannot view Youtube music downloaded songs

• 23 March 2019
  • 2 replies

I use youtube music premium, recently shifted from Apple Music. However, found integration of youtube music with Sonos as poor. I cannot see: Downloaded songs, Music as per mood, can only see recently liked songs and no all liked songs. I used to see all of above in Apple. I don't like apple music due to lack of better recommendations for my music genre, hence moved to Youtube Music. Is there a way to get all features as above for youtube music too?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 March 2019, 16:54

You’d need to petition the folks at Google. Sonos provides the API, but they don’t choose how the third party uses it. It sounds like the folks at Apple used more features of the API than the folks at Google did.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You’d need to petition the folks at Google. Sonos provides the API, but they don’t choose how the third party uses it. It sounds like the folks at Apple used more features of the API than the folks at Google did.
Google seems to be having one heck of a time with their music services, lol. Google Play Music, then Red, now YouTube Music, while GPM is still around. Maybe once they finally get it sorted out, they will be able to get it properly integrated with Sonos, as nearly everyone else has.