Answered

Cannot stream music on Sonos One gen 2

• 30 March 2022
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I have linked my new Sonos One to Google assistant. I use Youtube Music Premium as my default service. 

When I ask Sonos to play music….It says “Playing music on Youtube music”...”Sorry something went wrong ….” and it does not play any music...

icon

Best answer by Corry P 30 March 2022, 13:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @KSH 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you first try a reboot - turn off (unplug) the Sonos One and your WiFi router. Once the router has been off for 30 seconds, turn it back on and only turn on your Sonos One once you see your phone has reconnected to WiFi - this usually takes 3-5 minutes. The Sonos app will not connect until the speaker shows a solid white light (or when the light goes off, if set to do so according to your preferences).

Try again, and if that hasn’t helped, please remove and re-add the YouTube Music service from Sonos:

Remove a music service account from Sonos

Add a music service to Sonos

Finally, if you’re still having trouble, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.