Answered

Cannot stream Deezer through Sonos

• 13 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I’m having real issues streaming Deezer through Sonos (S1), which have been prevalent for over a week now.

I can browse Deezer, access all my Deezer content (favourites, playlists etc), but when I try and stream through Sonos I get an error saying it can’t connect to the server, or it can’t add the tracks. Amazon Music, BBC Sounds, TuneIn all work fine, but not Deezer.

I've tried reauthorizing the account, deleted the account and added it again after 10 mins, reinstalled S1, reset my sonos system (deleted all my speakers, turned everything off and on again, added everything back again) but with the same issues, but only with Deezer.

Has anyone else had anything like this?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 June 2022, 22:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Unfortunately, none of the above worked, Sonos Support couldn’t identify the fault either after about 90 mins of remote analysis. 

The only action left was to cancel my Deezer subscription and trial Apple Music (3 months free), which now seems to be working faultlessly 🤷‍♂️

Much like @John B , I’d have thought a router / DNS issue between your router and the Deezer service / servers. I would expect that the authorization server, where you’re getting a success, is at a different server address, but the actual music streaming may be a different server (or port?) It’s also possible (and unknown to me how to check) that it’s actually an issue on the Deezer servers themselves. 

It might help Sonos help you if you were to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of re-creating this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Have you tried a reboot of your router? Maybe there is a DNS issue

Yes, I’ve tried rebooting and resetting everything I can, with no success. 

Have you tried a reboot of your router? Maybe there is a DNS issue