Answered

Cannot connect to Sonos Amp with any music app/service

• 2 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Anyone else have issues connecting to their Sonos device? The iOS app no longer shows Spotify or Pandora in its services. And though Spotify and Pandora show the sonos devices, neither can connect to play to the sonos device. However, using the InTune radio on the app works just fine. But, I don’t want to listen to the radio that’s not what I bought these devices for!

Anyone have any ideas to get it working? I’ve had to reset all the devices (yet again in 6 mos) and relearn them to my network and account because it seems to always lose my devices. Now I can’t even play Spotify or Pandora. It feels like a HUGE waste of money.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 March 2020, 00:47

I’d be guessing at some sort of issue in your network, or possibly the Sonos account,

The first step I would do is refresh your entire network. Unplug all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to finish rebooting, then plug back in your Sonos. This not only gets them all fresh IP addresses, but refreshes any upstream changes that may not have been passed all the way through.

If, after that, it still isn’t working properly, I would double check my account information in the Sonos system. Log in to your Sonos account here and check to ensure that your country location is specified. Sonos uses this as a pre-filter to determine which services are shown to you. Less obvious is the fact that a service won’t show up if, at the moment you open that page, the service’s server is down. It’s always worth waiting 10 minutes and trying again. 

View original

1 reply

I’d be guessing at some sort of issue in your network, or possibly the Sonos account,

The first step I would do is refresh your entire network. Unplug all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to finish rebooting, then plug back in your Sonos. This not only gets them all fresh IP addresses, but refreshes any upstream changes that may not have been passed all the way through.

If, after that, it still isn’t working properly, I would double check my account information in the Sonos system. Log in to your Sonos account here and check to ensure that your country location is specified. Sonos uses this as a pre-filter to determine which services are shown to you. Less obvious is the fact that a service won’t show up if, at the moment you open that page, the service’s server is down. It’s always worth waiting 10 minutes and trying again.