Answered

Cannot connect to FitRadio

Hi all, 

Recently I had some playback issues with FitRadio and had to remove it from my services. When trying to add again, I click on "I already have an account” and it automatically errors out saying unable to authorize account. It won’t even let me enter username and password.

I am not sure what I can do to reconnect. I am able to add other services like SiriusXM where it prompts you to enter your username and password. 

What can I do? 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 27 May 2022, 17:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

When you add their ‘premium’ service, the Sonos App Fit Radio service presents you with a generated code. You just need to copy that (or note it down) and select the ‘authorise’ button at the bottom of the screen. It then launches a web browser window and takes you to the Fit Radio website where you are invited to login with your premium account credentials and follow the onscreen instructions, before returning to the Sonos App.

Note too a valid premium subscription is required to use their service, so maybe check the subscription hasn’t expired.

Seems odd.

There’s a couple of suggestions that might help but might not. First, make sure that your location is set properly on your account at www.Sonos.com, on the offhand chance that FitRadio has altered their geo-locking abilities, and they’re looking for something that’s not on your account currently.  Second, try going to the FitRadio website, and logging in there. I’m not familiar with FitRadio specifically, but checking you account there might be of some help, especially if there’s a subscription style account process.. 

However, if neither of those suggestions work, I’d try adding the service again so that you get the error, and then submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

@madbad,

I have just checked the steps myself and everything looks okay and seems to be working, but if you continue to have difficulties, then maybe try with a different mobile controller device, if you have that option available to you.

When you add their ‘premium’ service, the Sonos App Fit Radio service presents you with a generated code. You just need to copy that (or note it down) and select the ‘authorise’ button at the bottom of the screen. It then launches a web browser window and takes you to the Fit Radio website where you are invited to login with your premium account credentials and follow the onscreen instructions, before returning to the Sonos App.

Note too a valid premium subscription is required to use their service, so maybe check the subscription hasn’t expired.

thing is, i don’t get that screen. 

thing is, i don’t get that screen.

I will post what I see in a few moments, but you can either try a Sonos App reset, a change of DNS, ensure you are not running any VPN/security software on the controller device etc. and that your mobile controller device meets the system requirements shown here in this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4875

This is what I’m seeing @madbad (see below)…

Then login to their website with your Fit Radio premium subscription account credentials and follow the instructions.

Turns out the wireless router was blocking the service. I ended up purchasing a new router and was able to get the service running.