Question

Cannot cast to Sonos from Spotify

• 18 June 2020
  • 2 replies

I can't find Sonos Wi-Fi speakers in the "Devices Available" list. Other devices (ie. Google Home, Chromecast) are displayed correctly. Other apps (eg. Google Play Music) correctly show all my Sonos speakers. I can play Spotify music directly from the Sonos app, but I can't do the opposite, cast Spotify music from the Spotify app to Sonos speakers, since the speakers are not listed.

I have a Spotify Premium account.

The accounts are correctly linked, I tried several times to re-authorize Spotify account from the sonos app, with no luck. I have already checked the guidelines in this page:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1153?language=en_US

Sonos App Version: 12.0 (build 58177280)
Sonos OS: S2
ID Sonos: 115217609

Spotify App Version: 8.5.62.904

Thank you for your support,
Best regards

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

PS. diagnostic submitted, confirmation number 216365139

Thank you,

Best regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @Pier Giorgio,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your Spotify question. 

Is your wired Sonos product connected directly to your Main WiFi router or is it connected to an extender or access point?

Do you have a Spotify stream running already on a different device from your account?

Have you tried rebooting your network equipment since you began having this problem?