Cannot add YouTube Music account

• 12 February 2019
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I get the authorization code, enter it into the web page, and Google says its all good. Meanwhile the Desktop Sonos app says "Error Unable to add YouTube Music account". Diagnostic code is 393688199

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Sonos Support, any news? I just tried my iPhone and the result was the same. I am four days into my free trial month and can't get it to work. Help?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Do you need a "premium" account? Are trials treated as a "premium" account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
According to everything I have read, I do NOT need a Premium account. If I did, a better error message would be appreciated.
controlav,

A 'YouTube Music' premium account or a 'Google Play Music' Account is definitely required here in the UK. It currently costs £9.99 for Google Play Music which entitles the user to a free Google Premium Account. You also get the usual upload of 50,000 tracks. (This is a special offer at the moment).

The YouTube Music premium account costs £12.99 ... so it doesn’t make sense to subscribe via that directly.

Both come with one month free trial.

The Google Play Music 'Free' service is/was available to Sonos, not sure if that is still the case, but the new YouTube Music service requires a premium account for use in Sonos.

The latter is a new service, so hopefully any error messages you are seeing will get sorted by Sonos/Google in due course.
The Google Music developers have apparently stated that 'premium' subscribers will have their (upto) 50,000 uploaded tracks transferred over to their YouTube Music service account when the two services apparently become merged later in the year.
Some useful links with more info here...

https://betanews.com/2019/01/30/google-youtube-music-sonos/

https://www.digitaltrends.com/music/what-happens-to-google-play-music-youtube-music/
A YouTube Music premium subscription is definitly required. However, the subscription fee comprises the three currently available Google Music services: Google Play Music, You Tube Music and Youtube Premium.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
So I upgraded to YouTube Premium, despite finding no official statement that it is necessary. No difference, still cannot use on my Sonos. Diagnostic is 1100222772. Please, Sonos Support, tell me what is going wrong.
So I upgraded to YouTube Premium, despite finding no official statement that it is necessary. No difference, still cannot use on my Sonos. Diagnostic is 1100222772. Please, Sonos Support, tell me what is going wrong.
Do you have multiple Google accounts? Changing the password on https://music.youtube.com/ might help. Also, have you tried to authorise YT Music in the Desktop Controller rather than on the iPhone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Here is our support article about YouTube Music and Sonos:

What subscription level do I need to use YouTube Music on Sonos?
Yes, you will need a subscription to YouTube Music or YouTube Premium to use YouTube Music on Sonos. If you already have Google Play Music subscription, you’re in luck, Google Play Music also gives you YouTube Music.

While in most cases helpful, our diagnostic reports mainly show speaker/network connectivity and do not give us much information about specific music services. The diagnostic report you submitted does look pretty solid in terms of connectivity, however. If you've already upgraded to a YouTube Premium account, it should be working without hassle. If the problems persist after checking out Smilja's post, I'd recommend giving our support technicians a call so we can have a closer look and get a ticket on this.