Question

Cannot add songs to the que. Error 701......Cannot add songs to the que.......Sonos wont connect to Apple Music

• 9 February 2020
  • 3 replies

I am frustrated with the performance of the Sonos system I have in my home. For the past year, I have had error messages, failure to connect messages, etc. and I am at the point to take the entire system to the dump. Nearly every time I want to activate the system, and just listen to my music, there is some sort of a technical problem. Two days ago, I added one album to my music library, and again there are technical difficulties. Since the partnership with Apple Music came to be, I have had nothing but problems. 

Today, I received the error 701, and reset my router and the Sonos system….still not working. I tried a couple of suggestions from the support site, and got a song to play for 15 seconds and it quit again.

This system worked flawlessly for 5 years, and now with the Apple Music connection, the Sonos system performance is not enjoyable. 

This reach out is the last resort…...

3 replies

May I suggest that you instead submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this 701 error, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it?

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.  

Thanks. I will try the Sonos support. Talking to a person familiar with the issue may be more beneficial than trying to find the solution online.

Much appreciated.

Sometimes it’s easier to have a 10 minute conversation, rather than a 5 day back and forth on a forum...especially with this issue, which isn’t one of the standard issues.