Question

Cannot add local music folder to Sonos music library

• 6 November 2016
  • 2 replies

Hi

From the machine that I am running the controller from, I am unable to add my Music folder (the standard Windows 10 Music folder, not a custom folder) to the Sonos music library. Every time I try to do so I get the following error:

Sonos was unable to add the music folder
Reason: Unable to add the shared folder **removed**\Music to your music library (1002)

Note that I have removed my laptop name from the above.

To reiterate, I am not trying to add a network attached folder, this is the music folder on the machine I am running the controller from. Also note that I am able to add NAS folders perfectly well.

Up until recently this worked fine and I can't think what has changed.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Submitted diagnostics. Confirmation number is 6720941
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, MonkeyTennis. Welcome to the community and thanks for the diagnostics. The issue is being caused by your Firewall and/or network settings on your computer. Please ensure your computer's network settings are set to Private in your network and sharing settings. Next, please adjust your firewall. If you are still struggling, please let us know.