Answered

Can you use a fitness timer app through Sonos while your music plays? (Personal Trainers)

• 24 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Hey everyone, at our gym we currently have purchased Play 5 speakers. Which is great for all our trainers to use, loving the sound.

As we are Personal Trainers we use a fitness app called 'boxing timer’ which allows you to set working seconds and minutes ect. The interval ‘ding’ noise previously came through our old speakers over the music to alert the group fitness classes.

Is this possible to get the interval timer app ‘ding’ noise to come through the sonos speakers at all? Or is there another app that can to this for us via the songs speakers?

Many thanks, Emma
icon

Best answer by Josh D 24 October 2017, 15:41

Unfortunately, SONOS speakers don't support such a thing as far as i'm aware.

The only solution I can think of is playing the music through a phone using the SONOS line-in, with the app running. It kinda removes the ability to control the music wirelessly but it's potentially the only easy way.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Thank you so much Josh D. I’ll have a look into that.

Em 😃
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Unfortunately, SONOS speakers don't support such a thing as far as i'm aware.

The only solution I can think of is playing the music through a phone using the SONOS line-in, with the app running. It kinda removes the ability to control the music wirelessly but it's potentially the only easy way.