Answered

Can you sync Sonos system with pc speakers?

• 18 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello! Non-techy Dinosaur here; I have a Sonos system that I play Pandora in the living room/great-room area. I also have a desktop pc in a back bedroom, no Sonos speakers there but obviously with  pc speakers. Is it possible to get the Sonos/Pandora to play in the bedroom thru the Internet at the same time? I went to my Sonos & Pandora accounts, but did not see any way to sync them up. Please let me know if it’s possible, Thanks! Steve

icon

Best answer by buzz 18 July 2021, 21:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Essentially no. It’s not possible to sync two different streams, one to the Sonos and one to the PC. There are more expensive ways to somewhat achieve this, but even then, the PC speakers would be slightly out of sync, if you were able to keep them connected.

For most practical purposes, Sonos doesn’t make PC speakers. 

You could use a SONOS PORT as an input to the PC, but I doubt that the time alignment will be perfect. However, unless you can simultaneously hear both rooms, this will not be much of an issue.

Badge +1

Thanks both of you; of course as soon as I posted, I saw the link to the same topic a year ago! That discussion seemed to go downhill fast, btw….…. I asked this because while Sonos/Pandora was playing Pink Floyd, I logged into my acct online, and Fleetwood Mac started playing. I thought why can’t it play what’s on S/P now? Well now I know, too bad so sad! Thank you, Steve