Answered

Can you PLEASE add “Top Songs” in Apple Music services (just like jn Amazon Music)

• 20 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

When I search for an artist, Amazon music easily shows “Top Songs”.

Whereas Apple Music just has every single album the artist has ever made and I have no option to listen to the top songs.

This is a huge nuisance, who is going to flip through nine different albums to find one or two songs per album. 

Half the time I don’t even know what album the song is from.

This lack of feature prevents me from successfully using the Sonos app to listen to Apple Music (most of the time)

icon

Best answer by John B 20 November 2021, 17:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Have you considered using the Search feature in the Sonos app and searching the artist by Song under Apple Music? The results will display the top songs by that artist.

Good workaround! I never realized you could do this. It doesn’t work with all artists (whom name included a word which also is in the name of other artists), but for most it seems to work. 

The reason it is in there for Amazon Music is because Amazon chose to put it there when using Sonos' free, open API to add the service. The reason it's not there for Apple Music is because Apple have chosen not to include it. No point asking Sonos to add it.

Userlevel 7

Have you considered using the Search feature in the Sonos app and searching the artist by Song under Apple Music? The results will display the top songs by that artist.