Answered

Can we stream Audible on Sonos?

Userlevel 3
Any progress on being able to stream audible?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 20 March 2018, 20:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

107 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8
I would also like to know.
Sonos is pretty timely with announcements. The transition is usually from private beta, which is never discussed, to public beta, which is announced to the world. In other words, don't expect any updates until public beta is announced.
I also, would very much like this fixed! Please Sonos, get it sorted out!
Userlevel 1
Badge
I would like to listen to Audible content again. Please fix this Sonos
Userlevel 1
Sonos... great to hear that Apple Music is more important to you than loyal buyers who bought you just for Audible.

I'm so pleased with you proactive communications and helpful support on this issue 🙂
Sonos... great to hear that Apple Music is more important to you than loyal buyers who bought you just for Audible.

I'm so pleased with you proactive communications and helpful support on this issue :)

Apple Music support was announced as being developed on June 28, 2015.

http://9to5mac.com/2015/06/28/apple-music-coming-to-sonos-speakers-asap-says-ian-rogers/

Work on the new Audible implementation was announced on Sep 1, 2015.

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/important-information-for-audible-listeners-6731128

How about you give Sonos at least a 3 month benefit of the doubt before coming in here to whine?
I would like to participate in the New Audible beta at Sonos. How do I participate?
I would like to participate in the New Audible beta at Sonos. How do I participate?

First step: Wait until it is announced.
Userlevel 1
jgatie Sonos in effect dropped support for Audible on 3rd November and there has been no communication since.

Pretty effingly shocking support in my opinion.

Obvious that Audible customers are not valued.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
If you have a line-in on one of your sonos devices, you could use that until its fixed.
jgatie Sonos in effect dropped support for Audible on 3rd November and there has been no communication since.

I'm sorry to say, but this is not even close to being true. In the Announcement thread, representatives from Sonos have been answering questions about Audible as recently as the last 20 days.

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/important-information-for-audible-listeners-6731128/index1.html
Userlevel 1

I'm sorry to say, but this is not even close to being true. In the Announcement thread, representatives from Sonos have been answering questions about Audible as recently as the last 20 days.

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/important-information-for-audible-listeners-6731128/index1.html

Sure but the answer is always the same. That's not particularly helpful.

Sonos has made an enormous blunder on this one. No point pretending that they're handling it well.

Sure but the answer is always the same. That's not particularly helpful.

Sonos has made an enormous blunder on this one. No point pretending that they're handling it well.

I addressed an accusation that was demonstrably untrue, i.e. that there has been no communication since November. I made no comment on the subjective notion as to whether it was helpful or not.
Its not whining.. Just desperate wish it will be done soon and the product dev team focus more on this.

+1 for audible integration.

What is annoying that in the official help&faq this feature is still annouced for 'late 2015'...
Userlevel 1
We have all paid a lot of money for Sonos; while we love it, it is not cheap. A fair few of us have also paid for Audible, explicitly for Sonos because it is a great platform for it. Sonos have already accepted they made a mistake with this one but have really not communicated well as to where they are with it. Its not sufficient to accept that ' the transition from private beta to public is never discussed'. I would like it discussed and to be updated when it is delayed...as it is now. The product I bought is not the product I now have; whatever the apologists here say. I think we can cope with some facts.
Sonos is not going to discuss it until it goes to public beta. Period. Wasting time or energy over it s not worth it.
I play all my Audible Books over Sonos. I used Audio Conversion software costing around £25 and stripped out the DRM. It would be nice if Sonos had done it for me - but they clearly were not in a position to do so. Lots of advantages - I now don't need to have an Audible account to play my books. Works fine from an iPhone too.
I would really love to get Audible working as well! I have to pull out my other speakers to listen now. And it seems that people are pretty unwarranted in their pile on Sonos here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I play all my Audible Books over Sonos. I used Audio Conversion software costing around £25 and stripped out the DRM. It would be nice if Sonos had done it for me - but they clearly were not in a position to do so. Lots of advantages - I now don't need to have an Audible account to play my books. Works fine from an iPhone too.

I can't imagine why Sonos wouldn't facilitate it's users to break the law. How unhelpful of them!
I am amazed and delighted at your moral integrity.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I am amazed and delighted at your moral integrity.

You realise Sonos are working on ensuring Audible support don't you?
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
This has nothing to do with Sonos. Amazon changed Audible. The result was it no longer worked on Sonos. Sonos are working to get it reinstated again.

I wonder what sort of outcry would attack and blame Sonos over something like Alexa when the provider changes specs.
Frankly don't care who's fault it is. It's been this way for 6 months. When will a fix be ready?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Frankly don't care who's fault it is. It's been this way for 6 months. When will a fix be ready?
Tomorrow
Userlevel 5
Badge +11

What did Amazon say to you when you contacted them on this matter? They broke it. They must be in the best position to fix it. Why are you whinging to Sonos.